EVO All Evo Model Discussion

used parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011 | 04:12 AM
roondog
|
Novice
Default used parts

I would like to say thanks to ya'll. Wealth of knowledge. What happens to wrecked bikes? It seems to me there would be loads of useable parts and accessories that could be salvaged and sold at a fraction of the new cost.
Is there someplace that buys up wrecked bikes from the insurance companies that have "totaled" them. What a great business if someone would have the space to store these bikes and sell needed parts.
New parts at new prices is all well and good. I am not exactly a cheapskate but every penny counts. Hmmmm...ok, maybe I am a cheapskate.

Old 12-02-2011 | 07:28 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member

Go to google, there are several "bike boneyards" out there.

Old 12-02-2011 | 08:04 AM
notlost_nc
Road Master

Google Max Salvage. If you know the part # you are hunting use it in google & eBay. I've scored 2 obsolete parts in the last month. Gonna be back on the road in '12 for sure.

Old 12-02-2011 | 10:29 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Red face

Pinwall Cycles, who also advertise on Ebay. I live in the UK and have bought stuff from them.

I reckon a lot of them end up in the back of a barn, waiting for the day! Mine did for about three years, until I could fix it.

Old 12-02-2011 | 03:18 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by grbrown
Pinwall Cycles, who also advertise on eBay. I live in the UK and have bought stuff from them.

I reckon a lot of them end up in the back of a barn, waiting for the day! Mine did for about three years, until I could fix it.
I had my Ultra Totaled by my insurance company. It was taken to their yard and disappeared. 6 months later I saw a part from it up for sale on eBay. It was bought from the insurance company by Pinwall. So they must go around the US and buy wrecks to part out.

Old 12-05-2011 | 05:07 PM
roondog
|
Novice

Thanks to the responses. Yes, I figured some company out there would buy up totalled bikes and re-sell the useable parts. My 05 electra glide is still pretty much stock.
I took off the hard lowers. Someone said they sound (by what I described) that they are made to fit an RK.
Anybody intersted in them. Sell 'em for $300.

Old 12-06-2011 | 08:50 AM
lieutenant G
Cruiser

Originally Posted by grbrown
Pinwall Cycles, who also advertise on Ebay. I live in the UK and have bought stuff from them.

x2 on pinwall, got a full set of forwards for under 200, I had to call and verify fitment and they pulled the parts right there on the phone and gave me measurments...nice, will but again

Old 12-12-2011 | 01:13 PM
roondog
|
Novice

update on the lowers I bought for my 05 FLHTCI. They were actually for a Road Glide. Posted on Craigs list for $300. Sold 'em two days later. Thats what I paid for them. I beleive I get a good deal, pass it along.

Old 12-13-2011 | 04:44 AM
FXD_One
Cruiser

If you live in Ontario,

Zdeno cycle is a motorcycle salvage yard, there are also a few more but at the moment they are slipping my mind.

Must be the hot toddy.

Old 12-13-2011 | 10:47 AM
dougd60
Intermediate

Check out Nick's in Williamstown, nj.
The "Chicken Coop" is 15x200' and has about 1.5 million parts. Had the opportunity to walk through part of it once, parts all over the place... In fact if you want he will sell them all to you for $0.50 per part. So if you have $750K laying around your all set...
http://www.nickscustomcycles.com/cus...sp?pg=pictures

Quick Reply: used parts