EVO All Evo Model Discussion

older bikes don't get much interest

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: older bikes don't get much interest

Nothing wrong with classics: Elvis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Model T’s, 55 Chevy, 57 Chevy, any vette before 68, grilled cheese sandwich, Evo’s. and the list goes on and on..Some of us might be considered "classics" too...But I won't go there..

EVO 4 EVER!!!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
buckweet
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 98kingflh

Nothing wrong with classics: Elvis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Model T’s, 55 Chevy, 57 Chevy, any vette before 68, grilled cheese sandwich, Evo’s. and the list goes on and on..Some of us might be considered "classics" too...But I won't go there..

EVO 4 EVER!!!
LOL !!! grilled cheese sandwich......................LOL !!!!

im starving for one of those !

or pepsi and peanuts, . putt the peanuts in the bottel.... yum,yum.

weet

Old 12-13-2006, 11:55 PM
98kingflh
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah man buckweet, you had to go there with the baby bag of peanuts dropped into the bottle of coke trick, that was good. How about boiled peanuts, or that bottle of chocolate drink, was it the original yoo-hoo or the one that came before? Damn I feel old, I can't even remember??? Chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk, Fig Newton’s...An original chocolate shake (malts DO NOT COUNT, they are fake and an alien trick) You ever dunk your grilled cheese sandwich in a bowl of hot tomato soup??

Old 12-24-2006, 11:07 AM
buckweet
Road Captain

Ah man buckweet, ...You ever dunk your grilled cheese sandwich in a bowl of hot tomato soup??
yep, just about ever time ! ;-)

and ? hersheys, on a giant bowl of capt'n crunch ?
with banannas......oh, yummers !!!!

weet

Old 12-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Lakerat
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Ah man buckweet, you had to go there with the baby bag of peanuts dropped into the bottle of coke trick, that was good. How about boiled peanuts, or that bottle of chocolate drink, was it the original yoo-hoo or the one that came before? Damn I feel old, I can't even remember??? Chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk, Fig Newton’s...An original chocolate shake (malts DO NOT COUNT, they are fake and an alien trick) You ever dunk your grilled cheese sandwich in a bowl of hot tomato soup??
I must be a younger old, I believe you were thinking of the old Chocolate Soldier. Name probably pulled for political correctness.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Kabar
1st Gear

I have had several bikes, including two TC's a Road King Police and a E-glide standard. At this time I'm on a 1989 Ultra classic, its is old in its own way, but the bike has been taken care of and I get told it looks like 95 or 96 only has 34,000 on the clock. I 've had bullit proof Shovels in wide glide frames and Iron head sportsters.
The ultra may not be as much of a hot rod as the TC's seemed to be but I really enjoy the ride, comfort, and reliability.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hell I reckon I am an old timer now huh?I still have my 84 FXRS parked not 30 feet from me ,right next to the 06 glider
Remember ...every old timer you pass is just a young guy wondering "What the hell hapened?"

Old 12-25-2006, 10:34 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sandhog

Hell I reckon I am an old timer now huh?I still have my 84 FXRS parked not 30 feet from me ,right next to the 06 glider
Remember ...every old timer you pass is just a young guy wondering "What the hell hapened?"
LOL, and sometimes this old timer looks at the new crop of young guys, and wonders, "Was I really that stupid?"

(And knows the answer is an unqualified, "YES!")

Old 12-26-2006, 08:17 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Think of this there a lot of that the BlockHead is still too new.Of course after building one, it is really just like a Shovel with aluminum cylinders,and better heads.I will be checking in now and then.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

So would mine be considered an Evo classic? 89 883[8D]My first Harley(2nd street bike)just learning about them and want to learn all I can so far I have seen 1 sporty older than a 2000 in the sportster forum? I wanted to pay cash since I got raped for my new Honda(1st bike)

Quick Reply: older bikes don't get much interest