EVO All Evo Model Discussion

A great day to go for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Jcarnage
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A great day to go for a ride

A beautiful warm day here in Michigan. I took the EVO out went to the local MSF track. Did some of the exercises from the ride look pro DVD and then just took the bike and drove around with no particular place to go.

I'm going to miss these days as winter sets in.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 578 Likes on 320 Posts

Grab a ride when you can mate :-)

Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
ppilotmike
Road Captain
Received 106 Likes on 57 Posts

I hear ya man. Rode a couple hours myself today, gonna do the same tommorrow. Leaves are all but gone up hear, I hate it when the trees look like sticks and the ground is brown in different shades, I'm missing California more every day I live here.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Jim Kraft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Same here. I started out this afternoon, and after about 10 miles I came to an intersection where a guy on a Shovel going by just started sputtering and quit. I stopped to see what I could do, and after a little while we got it started again, so he and his wife headed for home about 3 miles, and I told them I would follow. He got about a mile from home and it quit again. We checked all the usual stuff, but could not get it running again. We did get him home but it kind of took much of my riding time. It was a nice day just to be out though. I sure love my 99 FXSTC.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

been out all day myself,,, real real nice !

Old 11-06-2011, 05:48 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Momma and I took our bikes out for a two hour ride im our shirtsleeves today here in South carolina. I shoulkd have moved here years ago, it's great down here, next week it's going to be in the 70's woohoo!!!! It sure is great to be a "former yankee"!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wife and I went out for an hour today. Took the backroads and took it slow. Even with the temp reading 63 and a supposed southern wind it was chilly. Flags were blowing and standing off the pole indicating the 25 to 30 mph west wind. Got blown around and this time of the year it combined to make it chilly.

I commented that the only trees left were either baron or some were still green and full of leaves ... wtf. My Oak leaves came down over the last two days, Maples have been baron for weeks. It was willows and scrappy ditch willows that were green. Only one more day of low 60s for the high and this week we drop from the 50's to 40's for our average.

Felt lonely on the roads today, and the sun sat at 5:15 tonight. Lost an hour overnight ... poof!

Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcarnage
A beautiful warm day here in Michigan. I took the EVO out went to the local MSF track. Did some of the exercises from the ride look pro DVD and then just took the bike and drove around with no particular place to go.

I'm going to miss these days as winter sets in.
I did the exact same thing other than going to the msf track and dvd and probably had the same weather as you.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:33 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ppilotmike
I hear ya man. Rode a couple hours myself today, gonna do the same tommorrow. Leaves are all but gone up hear, I hate it when the trees look like sticks and the ground is brown in different shades, I'm missing California more every day I live here.
I took a ride to Yucca Valley for some fish & chips. The sky was clear & blue, winds were low and temp was 69. Life is good!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:56 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by miacycles
Momma and I took our bikes out for a two hour ride im our shirtsleeves today here in South carolina. I shoulkd have moved here years ago, it's great down here, next week it's going to be in the 70's woohoo!!!! It sure is great to be a "former yankee"!!!
John - CONGRATS on the move south! Sure doesn't suck to be in shirtsleeves in November, huh?

But remember - we won't accept you as a real redneck Southerner 'til you develop a sincere taste for grits, chitlins, fried chicken, turnip greens, peach cobbler, boiled peanuts, Big Red... and MOON PIES!

Quick Reply: A great day to go for a ride