EVO All Evo Model Discussion

tour pack

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 AM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Managed to get a couple pics of the plate setup, the quick release went on very nicely although I found the tour pack mount seems a bit tight. I'm thinking I may have to add a washer to the top mount holes of quick release to spread them a bit.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:10 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, you need to add some washers to get the proper fit. To hold the seat on I went to Lowes and got a tubular plastic spacer about 1" long, used that and a longer allen headed screw and all is well.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:44 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks John, seat is on ok it has 2 studs on either side bolted down and of course the front under latch. I figured the top connection for the quick release needs to be spread out a bit even though the tour pack mount connects its tight going on.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

Chuck I just realized looking at the plate bracket on my wifes 99 sporty that it has a 3 bolt triangle shape bolt setup which doesn;t lay down like mine but does look pretty good, so really there are alot of options rather than trying to modify the bar bracket.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

I've seen the 3 hole mounts.......havent been messin with the EGS at all. Got other projects that have to get done first. I really need to get on fixin the EG though.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

I added a washer to one side of the quick release bushings , right side, the tp mount still seems to be squeezed inward to make it fall into place, are you guys adding 1 washer to each of the 4 mount pushing or just to 2 bushing on one side or what? How are you guys making the mount slip onto the quick release easier?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 AM
chopperNeil
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I added a washer to the front and rear mounting points, the quick detach is made for a bike 1/2" wider than yours so you need to space a 1/4" each side, dont need to space the bottom mount though.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

Guess I'll have to add another washer.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 AM
jrod1475
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperNeil
Lynn

the par number for the tube is 53422-97, i was very lucky getting mine, i rang around every where to get one and found a harley breakers yard in the US who had mine.

If it was me doing it on your bike i would start off just buying the hoop as thats the only bit that your gonna have issues with i think, the rest of the kit just bolts up to existing parts.

And yes my hoop is the crimped type, the frame rails on mine are not a full circle more of a half circle with a crimped rear. Nothing that cant be changed!

if it comes to it you can always not bother with a hoop at all, get a licence plate holder that goes below the tail light and leave the back end open, im sure i have even seen some little running lights that go into the ends of the frame rails, kurakyn or someone else made them.
Did the 53422-97 Support tube bolt right up to the 95 frame? or was there modifications needed? I need this tube but cant find one for my 95 RK. Mine was solid and welded to a rack and backrest so i had to cut it off.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jrod1475
Did the 53422-97 Support tube bolt right up to the 95 frame? or was there modifications needed? I need this tube but cant find one for my 95 RK. Mine was solid and welded to a rack and backrest so i had to cut it off.
I ended up not going with the bar, I just bought a new laydown license plate holder.

Quick Reply: tour pack