EVO All Evo Model Discussion

hard to get parts for early fxr's

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007 | 01:55 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Default RE: hard to get parts for early fxr's

ORIGINAL: Sandhog

Im 79 miles door to door but I have to get there at 5am in order to get ready to start at 7am.I need to be underground by 6:20 to getready when the crew hits the bottom at 6:45 so its more than just 8 hours.I can usually get home by 5 most times but by then Im dragginazz...
Big Guy...Teds cycle shed (aka...VTwin Mfg will sell retail through your local dealer OR if you come to the shop.)I"m bout 15 minutes from them and they have caught quite a lot of crap from people because of thier practices of copying parts and having them made overseas and repackaged here.Ive never had problems though and get that info third hand.
WOW 79 miles on a bad NY traffic day can be brutal.But seems you miss rush hour for the most part.
Hey Sand,you saying these parts are made overseas?

Old 01-21-2007 | 07:33 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior

Yeah I have seen refrence to part numbers in VTwins catalog a few times.It seems that someone made a seat pan that hadnt been in stock for years by anyone.This certian company bought the blueprints and started manufacturing them.It is said that Ted tookthe part,sent it overseas to be copied and then imported at a lower pricethereby undercutting the competition who in factbore the burden of the initial part to begin with.
Now IMHO I cant testify that it is or isnt true,just what Ive heard.People who used to work there tell me that it isa true that the parts come into the wearhouse with korea stickers on them,and are taken off before the sale.
I have found parts there that I cant find anywhere else,weather that is a result or a cause I have no idea.

Old 01-23-2007 | 02:22 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned

ORIGINAL: Sandhog

Yeah I have seen refrence to part numbers in VTwins catalog a few times.It seems that someone made a seat pan that hadnt been in stock for years by anyone.This certian company bought the blueprints and started manufacturing them.It is said that Ted tookthe part,sent it overseas to be copied and then imported at a lower pricethereby undercutting the competition who in factbore the burden of the initial part to begin with.
Now IMHO I cant testify that it is or isnt true,just what Ive heard.People who used to work there tell me that it isa true that the parts come into the wearhouse with korea stickers on them,and are taken off before the sale.
I have found parts there that I cant find anywhere else,weather that is a result or a cause I have no idea.
See now this sucks.But as our bikes get older,& parts are harder to get.Our options seem limited at best