EVO All Evo Model Discussion

New look for my Fatboy front end!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:40 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New look for my Fatboy front end!

Decided after rebuilding the forks to go with the minimalist approach as I did in the rear, BUT on my front end . It looks VERY DIFFERENT but I think I like it! The bike won't be on the road AT ALL this summer so it's got time to grow on me.

Attached Thumbnails New look for my Fatboy front end!-dscf6088.jpg   New look for my Fatboy front end!-dscf6092.jpg   New look for my Fatboy front end!-dscf6089.jpg  

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 04-08-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

OK, since you brought it up.........ICK

Shovelhead guys used to do that all the time, especially when they extended the forks on FL front ends. And it always looked the same...... like you just ran out of money. Only you know what looks good to you, but a tinned up headlight without the cowbells looks awful to me. But remember, thats just my opinion.

Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, like Bikerlaw implied, since you posted it I guess you are open to feedback.

I think that looks like sh*t. Either run with the bells on, or take it all off and just run the headlight with the trees, not half on/half off.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Thanks for the inputs guys......... I Didn't mean to offend you both by my decision. I have never been around the "shovelhead guys" nor did I run out of money and FOR SURE I would NEVER tell someone.........
"I think that looks like sh*t."
No matter what they did to it. But that's just me.
I had never seen a 41MM FL front end configured this way before so I figured, why not give it a try? I guess thats what i get for riding Hondas till 2004....... Glad it's MY BIKE and I'm in Alaska so you two will never have to put up with seing it in person. To each his own, right?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Doug S
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

With out the bike being assembled, I couldn't say if I liked it or not. I just added spots to mine last year to help with my night riding, have them pointing out a little to aid in spotting deer.

I know this much, I would never sell my spare, leftover parts until I was completely done with a project.

D

Old 04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,385 Likes on 4,998 Posts

Originally Posted by alaskajeff
Thanks for the inputs guys......... I Didn't mean to offend you both by my decision.
No one said they were offended.

If you don`t want to see any comments about your ideas, then don`t post any...

By the way, the missing cowbells on the front end reminds me of the rat choppers in the early 70`s. Don`t worry though, I`m not offended.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 04-08-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Thumbs down...

Don't care for it but then I'm a "Dresser" guy so to each his own. Like some others have said it looks half completed.

Would you please quit offending everyone???? J/K

Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

WOW, really???? Thats your answer?

You come on an open forum, ask honest opinions, then get pissy when people respond. I guess thats how its done up in th frozen tundra.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
WOW, really???? Thats your answer?

You come on an open forum, ask honest opinions, then get pissy when people respond. I guess thats how its done up in th frozen tundra.
Well, not to add fuel to the flame......I'm WELL AWARE there would be those who wouldn't care for my choice, As I was sure it wasn't everybody's style, just didn't realize there would be instant negativity and calling a guys work a POS just because you didn't care for it! "Not my taste" would have worked for me.
I've got pretty thick skin, REALLY. I'm all for constructive criticism properly dished out. I guess I am a believer in the phrase "approach determines response" and I did NOT approach the post negatively (BTW I never really asked a question in it) I was just showing some progress on a LOOOOONG rebuild............Sorry but that's how I DO IT. Just me, not all here in the frozen tundra. Ride safe, ride often, ride blessed!

Old 04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
fhaley
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kinda like the look. I don't think anyone was trying to rain on your parade, just not their style. Thats why there are so many different style bikes. To each his own. If YOU like it, then keep it that way and ride it with pride. There are things I have done on my bike that others don't like, but I love. Thankfully, I am the one riding it. I think we all get rubbed the wrong way sometimes, when someone doesn't like something we did with our bikes, but it's all about making the bike what YOU want it to be, and nothing else. Just my .02 cents.

Quick Reply: New look for my Fatboy front end!