EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Top End

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 04:58 PM
tc
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for that 96Roadking. Found ad ok but already sold.
As hatchetman has already asked, what info do you think I got that is wrong IronGear?
I would prefere to know now than when it is too late!!!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
IronGear
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchetman
If you think a reply here is the wrong advise & could cause the OP to damage his EVO, Maybe you could point out what you think is the wrong advise.
you have the floor!
hatch.
I was speaking generally.
I did have a laugh about the engine mount though.
And that is also a case in point.
Even people who know only too well, can accidentally get off track.
So you need to take a fair bit of what you read with a grain of salt.
Just because it is posted here, does not mean it is right.
I am sure you realise that, and it can be difficult to discern what's what when you are not all that experienced.
If I headed off to a forum about gardening, and got some advice about fertilizer, you could tell me anything. Others might warn me..... "hey, that is not a good idea at all..........", when some well meaning, but completely wrong, person gives advice.

As this is a motorcycle forum, it stands to reason that everyone is a tough guy, and an expert.
So, of course, when you point out their error, they respond with mocking and abuse. Naturally.
The effect of this on myself is, needless to say, zero.

Oftentimes the subject is way bigger than most realise. And the true solution to issues lies outside their reach.

And do not worry. If I thought there was anything that was likely to be negative to the OP, I would have addressed it directly.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IronGear
I was speaking generally.
I did have a laugh about the engine mount though.
And that is also a case in point.
Even people who know only too well, can accidentally get off track.
So you need to take a fair bit of what you read with a grain of salt.
Just because it is posted here, does not mean it is right.
I am sure you realise that, and it can be difficult to discern what's what when you are not all that experienced.
If I headed off to a forum about gardening, and got some advice about fertilizer, you could tell me anything. Others might warn me..... "hey, that is not a good idea at all..........", when some well meaning, but completely wrong, person gives advice.

As this is a motorcycle forum, it stands to reason that everyone is a tough guy, and an expert.
So, of course, when you point out their error, they respond with mocking and abuse. Naturally.
The effect of this on myself is, needless to say, zero.

Oftentimes the subject is way bigger than most realise. And the true solution to issues lies outside their reach.

And do not worry. If I thought there was anything that was likely to be negative to the OP, I would have addressed it directly.
Anybody can and will make a mistake. I usually answer about twenty personal messages a day plus what I do on the threads. If the thread is lengthy and has some off post comments about other problems it is easy to get sidetracked. Usually I proof read the thread before I post or repost, as it keeps mistakes down to a minimum.
I have seen some cutting and pasting from other sites such as Knightrider that sometimes have little or nothing to do with the original question. So perhaps we should all try to just answer the question posted!!!! Hopefully this post will not offend anyone as it was noy meant to.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:16 AM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with the last post. Iron Gear, I wasn't shootin' at ya, I was looking to see what might not be a proper procedure when doing the re & re that the OP is asking about.
I am beginning to pull my 88 EVo down today for a top end job. It's one of the reasons that Im watching this thread because a person can always learn a few tricks along the way!
Any good info is invited here so if you can share a lil' that would be awesome!!!
But if you look at my avatar, you will see that I am a tough guy!
Hatch.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM
IronGear
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not feel shot at, not in any way.
I was merely pointing out what seems only so obvious to myself, but apparently that which remains a total mystery to many.
I am happy to get along.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

But if you look at my avatar, you will see that I am a tough guy!
Hatch.[/QUOTE]

Hatch, I think your just a big ol teddy bear!!!!! LOL