EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Bassani Road Rage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:15 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Question Bassani Road Rage?

Gunna48's question about an exhaust for his bike has prompted me to ask this one! I currently have true-duals on my 1990 Evo (with S&S 107 engine fitted) but the clearance of the left pipe where it crosses the primary casing is minimal and it keeps 'resting' on it. Lazy perisher! That makes my anti-knock sensor kick in and affects performance.

So I am looking around for a quality 2-into-1, partly to get the benefit of siamesed pipes (like my Buell!), but also to get rid of that contact problem. My first choice at present is a Bassani Road Rage, although that name is a bit off-putting! I hope these things are not too loud.

There is also the new improved Road Rage II system, with equal length pipes and serpentine bends, although the earlier model looks as if they have made both pipes the same length. Not sure I really like the RRII, but I assume it gives yet further improved performance, which is worth thinking about.

Anyone any experience of using one of these systems?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Road Rage on my 90 UC and generally love it. It is hard to get the two pipes into the single muffler and everything clamped without any pressure on it. I had mine wrapped with the muffler tape and the front pipe cracked (actually, tore in two) about 2 inches from the head. Basani says it is because of the tape, but I really don't believe it. It had to have pressure on it - which would still likely be my fault. As for the performance and sound: I love them. The performance is very good and I felt the increase in HP immediately. The sound is deep but not what I would call loud. It is nothing like someone with drag pipes or open headers. It has a good throaty sound. I had my friend weld up the crack and I tried really hard to get the tranny bracket lined up so there isn't any pressure, but I still had to work hard to get everything bolted up. If they don't tear again, I'll stay with them for a long time.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:05 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Thanks for that Dan. I seem to recall reading somewhere else they present a challenge to install!

Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Bassani 2-1 on my Victory and liked it so much I bought it for the sringer when I put an Ultima 107 on. It is load but not as load as the Thunderheader. (close) Has a problem installing the one on my Vic. Has to take it to the muffler shop to expande one side. The new one I put on the springer went on without any problems.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:30 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Dave,

Stereo Road Rage, I like that!

I live in the UK, where Harleys are not as common as in the US, so being noisy is not as popular over here. It would be nice to have all the added performance of a great exhaust system like the RR, while being able to blend in rather than stand out! I understand there is a 'quiet' baffle for these, but that is not clear from their website.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
grbrown
Club Member

I eventually bought a SuperTrapp Supermeg. Used all the discs it came with, but very happy with the sound. Much more important is the 15% torque I picked up, over my TDs, in the low/mid range, also the bike is smoother and far nicer to ride.