EVO All Evo Model Discussion

V+H Mufflers on 91 Ultra.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
BungoBill
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question V+H Mufflers on 91 Ultra.

Advice needed please. I have been running with the original H.D.Mufflers for some time now and have felt that they are a bit quiet & dont sound Harleyish! (loud enough). I bought a Pair of used V+H Mufflers some time ago and decided to try them on the old Ultra. They sound a bit TOO LOUD now and not suited to the Ultra. Any suggestions re. "re-baffling" or other ideas to tone things down a little.?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 PM
JohnG3
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra pipes

I bought a 96 FLSTC with an aftermarket set of pipes that had one pipe down each side. No name anwhere on the pipes. I called the guys at Ride Shack with the inside diameter of the pipes (1 3/4") and they sent me a set of baffles that took away that annoying loud crack. Still pretty throaty but a set of ear plugs makes them sound just about right to me (not too loud).

John

Old 09-14-2010, 04:07 AM
BungoBill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JohnG3
I bought a 96 FLSTC with an aftermarket set of pipes that had one pipe down each side. No name anwhere on the pipes. I called the guys at Ride Shack with the inside diameter of the pipes (1 3/4") and they sent me a set of baffles that took away that annoying loud crack. Still pretty throaty but a set of ear plugs makes them sound just about right to me (not too loud).

John
Hi John,Thanks for that info. will check it out over here. (in cold & wintery Scotland.). What part of sunny Calif. are you in? Bungo

Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
JohnG3
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra

On the coast almost exactly half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Been cool and wintrery here too. Overcast and looks like rain. Afternoons sometimes warm up and are clear. Good luck with your exhaust issue.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM
BungoBill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JohnG3
On the coast almost exactly half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Been cool and wintery here too. Overcast and looks like rain. Afternoons sometimes warm up and are clear. Good luck with your exhaust issue.
Will probably fit V+H "quiet" Baffles and see how it sounds.
Its only mid-September and we have some snow on the Mountain tops at about 3-4,000 ft. Not exactly the Rockies! Rather have winter on your West Coast than here!. I used to ship Antiques etc. to Solvang. Nice town...if you go easy on the Pea Soup!