EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Fall

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010 | 05:53 PM
Hackd
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Fall

Well, the morning air is crisp, and there's the smell of Fall in the air. Along with the soon to be arrival of the crappy Southeast Michigan winter. So having learned the hard way (washing the bike in 38 degree temps ) by trying to squeeze another week or two into the riding season, it was time to put the scoot away until next spring.

When I was in my 20's, I would ride all year. As long as the roads were clear of snow, I was in the wind. Actually had to ride eighteen miles home after a surprise snow storm hit one early November while I was at work.

I turn 60 on Sunday (where the heck did the time go?), and my enthusiasm level for those adventures has gradually waned over the past forty years.

I'll have to do my riding on these pages for the next seven months.

Old 09-10-2010 | 06:27 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by Hackd
Well, the morning air is crisp, and there's the smell of Fall in the air. Along with the soon to be arrival of the crappy Southeast Michigan winter. So having learned the hard way (washing the bike in 38 degree temps ) by trying to squeeze another week or two into the riding season, it was time to put the scoot away until next spring.

When I was in my 20's, I would ride all year. As long as the roads were clear of snow, I was in the wind. Actually had to ride eighteen miles home after a surprise snow storm hit one early November while I was at work.

I turn 60 on Sunday (where the heck did the time go?), and my enthusiasm level for those adventures has gradually waned over the past forty years.

I'll have to do my riding on these pages for the next seven months.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Hackd! 60 is a big milestone! Enjoy your Birthday Bash!

You should really consider moving to the South. We're riding up to Cherokee, NC tomorrow, and it's supposed to be in the MID NINETIES here!

I'm 53 and I've noticed my enthusiasm and ability to deal with "seasonal discomfort" are waning as well. Hell, anything under 60 degrees is too cold for me to ride these days. Florida should probably be in my future... but there are too many half-blind blue hairs driving Cadillacs down there for me...

NO OFFENSE, Mike! I would never mean to imply that I think you're one of those blue hairs!

Last edited by NorthGeorgiaHawg; 09-10-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-10-2010 | 06:36 PM
Hackd
|
Elite HDF Member

Thanks Bro!

Yeah, I've been looking for a shack in the Sunshine State....

Old 09-10-2010 | 08:15 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

These days, you should be able to find something in FL cheap. There's just no jobs, from what I hear. Then, Detroit ain't exactly the easiest place to live either, I hear.

Lost a friend of mine a couple weeks ago. He was a Youper, taking a ride in Wisconsin on his Evo. RIP, Leon.

Old 09-10-2010 | 08:56 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
These days, you should be able to find something in FL cheap. There's just no jobs, from what I hear. Then, Detroit ain't exactly the easiest place to live either, I hear.

Lost a friend of mine a couple weeks ago. He was a Youper, taking a ride in Wisconsin on his Evo. RIP, Leon.
Aww man, Doc... really, really sorry to hear about your friend Leon... that sucks.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, PEOPLE!

Old 09-11-2010 | 06:42 AM
Hackd
|
Elite HDF Member

Sorry to hear that. Prayers out.

Having spent five days in a suburban Atlanta hospita, I've got first hand experience on how fast you can go from verticle to horizontal.

Live long and full lives.

Old 09-11-2010 | 07:47 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks, guys. Strange thing was that on the SAME DAY Leon went down (took him a week to die, or to be declared anyway), another friend on another softtail went down with a tib-fib break here in Fayetteville. Mexican woman T boned him and did a hit and run. I think it's cultural. Leon had a tib-fib break on a different softtail 20 years ago when he was T boned.

Old 09-11-2010 | 06:42 PM
Hackd
|
Elite HDF Member

... Mexican woman T boned him and did a hit and run. I think it's cultural.
Illegal. Or running with no insurance. Or no license. Or 'not her car'. Or all of the above.

Either way, getting 'sucker punched', on your scoot is not a good way to spend the rest of your day...

Old 09-11-2010 | 07:37 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Hackd! 60 is a big milestone! Enjoy your Birthday Bash!

You should really consider moving to the South. We're riding up to Cherokee, NC tomorrow, and it's supposed to be in the MID NINETIES here!

I'm 53 and I've noticed my enthusiasm and ability to deal with "seasonal discomfort" are waning as well. Hell, anything under 60 degrees is too cold for me to ride these days. Florida should probably be in my future... but there are too many half-blind blue hairs driving Cadillacs down there for me...

NO OFFENSE, Mike! I would never mean to imply that I think you're one of those blue hairs!
No offense taken! Cant say that I am a blue hair, but gray around the edges. I am same age as you. I turned 53 in June. Most of the gray hairs are along the coasts. Here on Lake Okeechobee it is not too bad. Being a native of Florida, I feel the same way. Anything below 60 is too dang cold for me.

Sorry about your friend Doc.

Old 09-13-2010 | 08:03 AM
rivercityslim
Road Master

Originally Posted by MJ
Anything below 60 is too dang cold for me.
Hell, you'd miss half the riding season here in CT with that attitude.

Quick Reply: Fall