EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Prostate issues 1990 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010 | 07:00 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced
Default Prostate issues 1990 Heritage

I have a friend who bought his 90 Softail new in 1990. He replaced his seat with a Mustang that has a metal backing. He fears the backing may have interacted with the seats metal and is affecting his prostate......he has had some prostate discomfort recently. Wondering if any one welse has experienced this? and if anybody knows about a more prostate friendly seat for his bikle? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Dave in New mexico.
P.S. he is not bar to bar he has logged over a quarter of a million miles since buying his evo.

Old 05-09-2010 | 10:18 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced
Default w0w

I can't believe how people are not into Evos...or don't have them....what the flip happened? Evos are harley's but quite honestly Evos are better right? Why such a small margin of evo readers.........? I have a theory, to easy. R

Please ride and forget about impressing your nieghbors...l..

Old 05-10-2010 | 09:53 AM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by NMDave
I have a friend who bought his 90 Softail new in 1990. He replaced his seat with a Mustang that has a metal backing. He fears the backing may have interacted with the seats metal and is affecting his prostate......he has had some prostate discomfort recently. Wondering if any one welse has experienced this? and if anybody knows about a more prostate friendly seat for his bikle? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Dave in New mexico.
P.S. he is not bar to bar he has logged over a quarter of a million miles since buying his evo.
Hi Dave, Can't really answer about a prostate friendly seat, but I'd highly suggest a visit to the Urologist to check out the discomfort ASAP if he hasn't already.

Old 05-10-2010 | 10:09 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Heard about everything now...

Old 05-10-2010 | 10:42 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member

Lemme see if I get this: You post a question in the Evo forum that is not about Evo's, but is actually about your friend's butt, wait a whopping 3 hours and no one responds, then start getting upset about it? Doode, this ain't the Touring forum. And tell your friend to follow cosmo_glider's advice.

Old 05-10-2010 | 02:18 PM
98fat
Tourer

Hmmmm, have to admit thats a stretch. Perhaps its his diet or genetics. Don't ask us medical questions and don't ask your doctor Harley questions.

Old 05-10-2010 | 03:57 PM
NMDave
|
Advanced

Hess,
You sound pretty bossy and narrow minded....who made you in charge of what is written and where on this forum. yeah, I may have an anger problem....and i have know idea why I am responding to your miopic blather.....but he rides an evo and is looking for a prostate friendly seat. If some one else has had this experience on a similar bikle or any bike for that matter but found a remedy either by a seat design or by any other means for that matter then it would be nice to share. How can anybody think this is an inapropriate posting? I will answer my own question now. Because many on here (Hess, still with us?) don't really ride. They are at the very most weekend warriors who own a Harley to impress their neighbors. They ride 15 miles on the weekend and couldn't fathom having prostate issues because they really don't ride they spend more time on their computer writing inane replies to valid posts from real riders. To those people go to the post your interest here helps no one not even your self. My frind is having discomfort, he rides and evo any advice wtf?

Old 05-10-2010 | 06:09 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually find this topic interesting as I have had those issues as well. Had a biopsy 3 years ago which thankfully turned out negative for cancer. No problems yet from riding just a little sore generally from not having ridden in years. Hope this isn't something I have to think about anytime soon. You friend really should go to the doctor just as a precaution.

Old 05-10-2010 | 07:15 PM
BB4xl
Road Master

Quarter of a Million miles? 250,000 miles on a 90 Softail? I hope his prostate is alright. Seriously the Mustang seats that I have seen really don't have much padding. The vibration alone might be the problem.

Old 05-12-2010 | 11:46 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member

Have him talk to Mean City cycles. The can make a seat as soft and comfortable as can be done. They could also remove some padding in the area that is bothering him. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Prostate issues 1990 Heritage