EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Update on my "burnt" baby now named Phoenix.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 PM
IDIDNTDOIT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fire was caused by electrical in my shed... but the hottest spot was about 2 feet from the front wheel of the bike.

I have had a tough week... a buddy went down on his bike and his wife didn't make it, he was still critical as of Friday. Her funeral is Wed. Pray for him, he has an older daughter and one 8 - 10. She's gona need him. He's a Vet and proud of it, and loves his family.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:43 PM
LA Cox
Cruiser

All I can say is...awesome!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:52 PM
IDIDNTDOIT
Cruiser

Well... Life and a computer dying has slowed my progress and my posting. My paint definately took a different turn when I took my body panels to a friend of mine, Tim Nelson of Alexandria MN to hopefully have some pinstriping and maybe highlight the Ghost Flame I had done in sparkle. He owns a Custom paint/sign shop called the Asylum. He looked at my fairing and told me honestly " I don't get it...I can't see them!" I could see them because I knew they were there, but I don't want to have to tell people every time where they are. He threw some ideas out and finally I told him "Have fun!" and he said "See you in 20 days."

Here are the results.....

It is a variation on the "real flames" and is more like "real smoke" with the Phoenix is in flames, rising out of the smoke on the fairing. I won't have to park this one in the back row!!!!! The clear we used is a "self healing" clear that scratches will come out on their own in the sun. I manage a Napa store and it is a product of Martin Senour. Here is the location of the PDS sheet http://ms.formulaexpress.com/media/PDS/English/8504.pdf I will warn you that the properties that make scratches "heal" also make it a bitch to buff...but well worth it!!!

The motor is done and the Indy put it back in the frame. I brought it home July 9th.

Here is Dusty admiring his work:

I will post some more soon.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:02 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Well done! That's a really clever paint job. Hope Phoenix likes her 'new' clothes!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

Sorry to hear about your friend and his wife. Prayers out to them.

Bike is coming together nice.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It' coming out great, prayers to your friend and for his wife. Hope you get on 2 wheels soon.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:00 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely awesome-looking paint to show off on your "new" Evo! I love the motif! I really admire all the hard work you and your friends have done to resurrect "The Phoenix Edition"! Well done indeed!

I am very saddened to read about your friend and his wife, and so sorry she didn't survive. Motorcycling is a dangerous sport/hobby, and sometimes bad stuff happens to good people. I didn't ride while my kids were young... my ex-wife bullied me into selling my old Kawasaki Eliminator 900 - which pissed me off at the time, but in retrospect was probably a good thing. I ride so much more carefully now than I did back then. I really feel for the kids... they are surely devastated by the loss of their mother, but at least they still have their Dad.

Please keep us posted on his progress, and the progress of the Phoenix!