EVO All Evo Model Discussion

86 ness fxr

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:14 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you have any build pictures? I just bought an '87 FXR and am kind of looking for ideas...

Old 01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
legacycycles
Oops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to knock youre ride,but i prefer to ride my ride bikes not look at them.I didnt mean worthless in a dollar sense either,i just happen to own a indy shop and fully understand the amount of time and money that gets put into these things.Worthless was used in terms of useabilty and practiblity,of which neither of these is it good for.Now for barhopping and trailering to events,hey its great,and that may be youre deal,but if ask for opionions you will get them,some in favor some not....Now as for having a nice looking ride,it is a nice looking bike,i even like the color,and ness craftsmenship is second to none.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
DEADSLED
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by legacycycles
Not trying to knock youre ride,but i prefer to ride my ride bikes not look at them.I didnt mean worthless in a dollar sense either,i just happen to own a indy shop and fully understand the amount of time and money that gets put into these things.Worthless was used in terms of useabilty and practiblity,of which neither of these is it good for.Now for barhopping and trailering to events,hey its great,and that may be youre deal,but if ask for opionions you will get them,some in favor some not....Now as for having a nice looking ride,it is a nice looking bike,i even like the color,and ness craftsmenship is second to none.

Thanks, I guess. I live in the NE so riding is seasonal. Riding to work is out of the question. I ride every opportunity weather providing. I have no kids or silblings. I ride plenty. I own the attached xl (for sale)for ever with which I alternate. Sorry if I keep a clean ride.

BTW, I did not ask for any opinions. Maybe I should have just put it in the gallery.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DEADSLED

BTW, I did not ask for any opinions.
umm,yer 1st post here and it's pics,no words...we musta read yer body language all wrong and thought ya wanted opinions...

i wouldn't do that to an FXR,but hey,it is nice.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:53 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by notfried
umm,yer 1st post here and it's pics,no words...we musta read yer body language all wrong and thought ya wanted opinions...

i wouldn't do that to an FXR,but hey,it is nice.
Yeah, I was a bit perplexed at the OP's post of just a couple of pics, with no words, questions, or anything. Not sure if the OP was just wanting to show off the bike or what... so that does lead to people making comments with their opinions... this is a forum after all.

That said, I think the bike is absolutely beautiful. Very finely crafted and lots of attention to all the little details. I'd love to have a bike like that to go bar hopping around town on! Wouldn't want to tour on it or turn twisties on it, so as Leg said - it's not very "practical"... but choppers have never been about practicality - they're about stunning good looks and radical styling! And chics... needs a rear seat to take anyone home on from the bar tho.

The color is unusual, but frankly I like it a lot. I have an ex-Outlaw friend who has lectured me about green being a "bad luck" color for bikes... but I really like that Kawasaki green! It would turn heads wherever you go! O'Brien water skis are also that color (I used to water ski a lot, and that takes me back...)

I like the look with the shocks... it's very cool-looking and not like every other rigid chopper out there. Kudos for the originality!

Just my 2 cents... I could never afford a bike like that, but it doesn't keep me from admiring fine craftsmanship, and drooling...

Old 01-28-2010, 05:11 AM
Brettfullthrottle
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DEADSLED
Thanks, I guess. I live in the NE so riding is seasonal. Riding to work is out of the question. I ride every opportunity weather providing. I have no kids or silblings. I ride plenty. I own the attached xl (for sale)for ever with which I alternate. Sorry if I keep a clean ride.

BTW, I did not ask for any opinions. Maybe I should have just put it in the gallery.

I am not a huge fan of sportys but damn.....that sure is sweet!

Old 01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
DEADSLED
3rd Gear

Thanks to those with kind words.
Color is off in these pics, bad camera phone.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:46 PM
DEADSLED
3rd Gear

Im diggin the dogs Fellas!