EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For Christmas I got my wife a $300 gift voucher for a day spa in the local area so she can be pampered, massaged, waxed, beautified, painted, polished and shined.

The only problem is about $150 of it will have to be used by the shop to pay for the barrel of wax they will use..

In fact I reckon $300 won't be nearly enough to get the job done properly..... In the meantime I just spent $3,254 on Harley bits and pieces for the 09.
Fairly even up now I reckon.....

It took me all of 5 minutes to think of it and 5 minutes to go into no-mans land and come out with the voucher. It sure smelled purty in there though!

Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a nice tool box. My wife got me a Hammer Head roll away stainless tool box for Christmas a few years back. I had lost all my tools when our house burned down. She even snuck it into the garage Christmas morning. And it had tools in the drawers. Gotta love a good wife.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V2Evo96
For Christmas I got my wife a $300 gift voucher for a day spa in the local area so she can be pampered, massaged, waxed, beautified, painted, polished and shined.

The only problem is about $150 of it will have to be used by the shop to pay for the barrel of wax they will use..

In fact I reckon $300 won't be nearly enough to get the job done properly..... In the meantime I just spent $3,254 on Harley bits and pieces for the 09.
Fairly even up now I reckon.....

It took me all of 5 minutes to think of it and 5 minutes to go into no-mans land and come out with the voucher. It sure smelled purty in there though!
Thanks for the suggestion, V2. For $100 I won't tell your wife you said it would take a whole barrel of wax!

I talked with my wife when she got home from work tonight, and she said "I'm really just PAST the age where I really WANT anything like a big diamond or fancy vacation. I'm just over that." Wow... carpets and granite counters it is, then!

I felt like saying... "I have taught you well, young Skywalker!"

Attached Thumbnails Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!-lord-vader.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

lol, women are more into the house things that is there harley they want things to look just so. Kind of like we are with our garages.

Hey Little advice for you since you are excited about the new tool box and i have been around most all tool box's. Be careful with the tall ones and make sure you put your heaviest tools in the bottom drawers and make sure you don't have a brain fart and pull open to many top drawers or get them to heavy the entire box will tip over very easily on the high stacked box's. I have seen many guys do it in factories not thinking and putting heavy tools up top or in a hurry and opening more than one drawer.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:33 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

get her what she wants to show her you listen.

then get her something to make her feel special.

day at the spa drinking champagne then a dinner out and somethin' shiny.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 AM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I picked up one of those Lowe's Stainless boxes for the shop last year. We got the one without the fridge, etc. They had one on displey that had some minor damage. Right where the two sets of drawers come together on the top box it was bent up in the front about 1/4". So I talked to the manager and said " You could probably sell them easier if you didn't have a damaged one on display", then I asked him what was the lowest he could sell it for. He went into the office and came out shortly and said $500.00. I peeled off five big ones and rolled it out of the door. When we got it back to the shop we put the top box on one of the bike lifts and put some shims under the front corners. Then we used a big bar clamp to draw the part that was bent up down. In about ten minutes of trial and error we had it looking like there was never any damage at all. There was one other issue with the box too, it had a bad set of drawer rolloers. I called the company and two days later we had not one but two sets of new rollers. All I can say is it's a great box and when we need another I would not hesitate to buy another. We got tired of spending thousands on tool boxes.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Tucker99
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude, your wife pulled one over on you. She's getting the better deal. Wait till you start pricing those granite counter tops! Be sure you get the one's pre-treated or you'll be sealing them every other month. And don't even think about installing them yourself, get a pro. I can hear the sucking sound of money out of your savings account.

I gotta disagree with some here. At 54 and married 31-years I've always done the regular thing of getting her what she wants so she knows "I'm listening". This Christmas I spent the big bucks on a diamond necklace. IMHO a freaking wast of money. BUT, she loved it. Stongly suggest going to a jewery store and find a WOMAN sales person. Show the lady a picture of your wife, tell her your budget, and let HER pick out a piece of jewery, not you. Let's face it, you get your rocks off with a tool box; what the frock do you know about jewery? Cheeez your on your third!! Why wouldn't you have this figured out by now? You should know more about the woman machine than any of us!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

When they say," I really just want countertops, etc"
They mean," I got you something really cool, you better do the same for me or sleep on the couch"
Darn nice tool chest!!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL! I read all the posts... some very good points made in each!

1. I WILL put the heaviest tools on the bottom, and not open more than one drawer at a time.

2. I WILL get her the carpet and granite counters - professionally sealed and installed! We priced them at Lowes... not cheap - about $60-$70/sq ft (YIKES!) Haven't figured the total area yet but I know it will be a few G-notes.

3. I WILL (also) get something nice and shiny - other than chrome motorcycle accessories - for her birthday... not chosen by me!

4. I WILL NOT sleep on the couch under ANY circumstances! In the garage perhaps... but not on the sofa!

5. Great deal, MIA! The Snap-On, etc. chests are nice, and if I were a pro I might think about one... but I'm just a weekend warrior, and this one will serve my needs well. Seems very well made...

6. She's my third because I left the first two... But, SHE left her first 3! Go figure... but we've made a pact that we are each others' LAST. The only way either of us gets out of this marriage is if the other one dies! Terms of said death are not specified in the contract, however...

And finally,

7. Let's not kid ourselves, gents... NO MAN UNDERSTANDS A WOMAN! To pretend otherwise is nothing more than sheer folly on our part! Some of us may, in time, learn to respond appropriately in most situations... but to a woman, "training" a man properly is rather like training a dog to not poop in the house or chew on the rugs - except that it's a minimum of one, perhaps two, full orders of magnitude more difficult and time-consuming. It usually takes decades... and many students never quite get the hang of it!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 PM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice tool box, Awesome ride!!! Treat her right my friend!
Hatch.

Quick Reply: Now I feel like a real "wrench" (minus the skills of course...)!