EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Shovelution Streetglide Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:56 AM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by legacycycles
Funny,But i turn wrenches for a living.I didnt say it was maintince free,but she is leak free.
as do i,i was just pickin' on ya,man

Old 01-13-2010, 01:31 PM
legacycycles
Oops

Originally Posted by notfried
as do i,i was just pickin' on ya,man
Yeah i know,no hard feelings here...Bit#$ is i hate working on them fn things.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah i know,no hard feelings here...Bit#$ is i hate working on them fn things.

The best way to kill a hobby that you love is to do it for a living.... Thank god I didnt become a gynocologist...

I couldnt care less if I ever worked on a car again.... I actually like tinkering on the bikes...

Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
legacycycles
Oops

Originally Posted by HGM
The best way to kill a hobby that you love is to do it for a living.... Thank god I didnt become a gynocologist...

I couldnt care less if I ever worked on a car again.... I actually like tinkering on the bikes...
I left the automotive feild,to pursue bikes.And belive me when i say fk a car,i mean it.I dont care if i never have to open a hood agin.I still do enjoy wrenching on bikes,but owning a shop takes the fun out of it sometimes,but at least i got some freedom.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:10 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HGM
Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Old 01-14-2010, 10:05 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I left the automotive feild,to pursue bikes.And belive me when i say fk a car,i mean it.I dont care if i never have to open a hood agin.I still do enjoy wrenching on bikes,but owning a shop takes the fun out of it sometimes,but at least i got some freedom.

Man, I hear ya!!! I quit the dealer 7yrs ago and havent looked back.. Actually bought my house because of the shop it had, figured I could make as much as I did at the dealer to supplement things, and I did... The best days of my life are now spent walking into my shop, seeing my toolbox and knowing that I havent worked on anyone elses vehicles for over a year now... Its amazing how much more free time I have and even money, since I dont spend it on the alcohol I drank to keep me going...

The biz was good to me, moneywise... But, the politic's were enough to turn me off it completely.. If I ever get the notion that "I could always go back", I talk to my students or buddies that still do it for a living... Might need to talk to you about the private shop thing one day... Bikes are still fun...

Old 01-14-2010, 02:07 PM
legacycycles
Oops

Yeah,I still love working on bikes.The only problem with my setup is used the shop i have at my house to save money on overhead...BIg mistake on my part.Pepole just dont care about you or youre time,they think because you "live"there,that youre avaliable 24hrs a day.Ive had a time explaining and trying to get them to understand,i live at home,i work at the shop.But after a couple of years,it isnt so bad now.I do miss being able to ride to work as opposed to walking now.But like everything in life there is a up side and a down side,so you just take the good with bad and keep on keeping on....On a positive not i dont drink near as much now as i did working for the dealership though.That was a Shi^%y family to work for..lol..

Old 01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
td17056
Advanced

Legacycycles,
Did you ever consider installing the 93 up style transmission, so you could do away with the oil tank behind the rt sidecover?

TD

Old 01-16-2010, 08:03 PM
legacycycles
Oops

Originally Posted by td17056
Legacycycles,
Did you ever consider installing the 93 up style transmission, so you could do away with the oil tank behind the rt sidecover?

TD
I did,but it was after the fact...I had a 86inner primary so i wound using the other parts to save buying another inner.But if i was to do it all over tomorrow thats the route i would take...Better clutch,better starter,etc.