EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Has anybody heard from Paco lately ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009 | 04:28 PM
miacycles
|
Elite HDF Member
Question Has anybody heard from Paco lately ???

Last week I answered Paco's question on valve adjustment, and he hasn't replied to it. Usually he is on every day. Anybody out there know if he's alright ??

Old 11-02-2009 | 04:47 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by miacycles
Last week I answered Paco's question on valve adjustment, and he hasn't replied to it. Usually he is on every day. Anybody out there know if he's alright ??
Gee, I don't remember you ever asking about me, or George or Hess....

In fact, I don't recall you sending me any roses last Valentines Day either. I'm beginning to think you don't love me anymore....

Old 11-02-2009 | 05:51 PM
sqdealgeorge
Road Warrior

I just love it !

Old 11-03-2009 | 02:49 AM
pajoe
Road Captain

I contacted Steve (Paco) via pm several weeks ago when I noticed he was not posting and on October 5 he sent a PM that he is
fine. He wrote that since he finished the 1995 rebuild he has not been doing much. He was trying to ride a lot. The 107 is running well, got the
oil pump problem fixed and just rides it now.

joe

Last edited by pajoe; 11-03-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2009 | 05:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by t150vej
Gee, I don't remember you ever asking about me, or George or Hess....

In fact, I don't recall you sending me any roses last Valentines Day either. I'm beginning to think you don't love me anymore....

Paco last posted on 29th October. Nice to be some, out playing all the time!

Old 11-03-2009 | 06:37 AM
paco
Tourer

Hello all,

Thanks for the concern guys, i am good and doing well. working a lot. the 107" is running well. Having an issue with the start circuit, but i think i have it under control. John, i appreciate the info on the valve adjustment. we need to talk about head work when i get some money i dont need.

i have a friend that spent several dollars on his twinkie. did a 113" and was telling me about the hp and torque. said it made 112-113 hp and was climbing when the clutch turned loose. getting a SE clutch spring for it and should make 120hp. cant wait to see if my little evo will keep up ! i would like to have that much, if it was street rideable. i rode to the grand canyon this yr and he was suppose to go, but he said " that big motor just uses so much gas and it doesnt do well in traffic", so he declined the ride.

hope all are well and riding a lot.

later..........

Old 11-04-2009 | 07:06 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by paco

i have a friend that spent several dollars on his twinkie. did a 113" and was telling me about the hp and torque. i rode to the grand canyon this yr and he was suppose to go, but he said " that big motor just uses so much gas and it doesnt do well in traffic", so he declined the ride.

hope all are well and riding a lot.

later..........
So what is the point of having a big motor in a bike if it means you can't ride to the Grand Canyon with a good friend? I would love to put up those numbers but not if it means I can't ride my bike. Priorities, priorities, priorities.

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:43 AM
paco
Tourer

Mjunk,

It got to be the way the bike is set up, because pajoe and classic beast and all the others that have big motors havent discussed the rideablity of their bikes after the motor swap that they done. i stayed with the 107 because of the rideablity issue i had with a SS 113 in a ridged frame . it didnt do well in traffic . on the open road it was great. i have no issues with the 107 in my 95 ultra.

later.............

Old 11-05-2009 | 06:59 AM
grbrown
Club Member

I really wanted a big motor, when planning my change-over. S&S motors were more readily available over here in the UK at the time and I was encouraged to use their 107 rather than the bigger ones, especially in a bagger. Mine runs real smooth and easy right down to 1,500 rpm in top gear and will just ease away a treat. If I hear a 124 does that I will be annoyed!

Glad Paco is back in harness! Grand Canyon is a bit far from over here, so I am very envious.

Old 11-05-2009 | 08:36 AM
miacycles
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
I really wanted a big motor, when planning my change-over. S&S motors were more readily available over here in the UK at the time and I was encouraged to use their 107 rather than the bigger ones, especially in a bagger. Mine runs real smooth and easy right down to 1,500 rpm in top gear and will just ease away a treat. If I hear a 124 does that I will be annoyed!

Glad Paco is back in harness! Grand Canyon is a bit far from over here, so I am very envious.
Our 120" does that and the 124" has lesss cam so it should do it with ease.

Quick Reply: Has anybody heard from Paco lately ???