EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:16 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

MAN does this chap my A$$. The girlfriend and I went riding Sunday and made a stop at the local bar. We were the only bike when we got there, had lunch and walked out to a group of about 5 new bikes - All heritage softails, mostly BRIGHT YELLOW parked next to us. I was wearing jeans and my vinyl Harley riding jacket with a hoodie. Girlfriend was wearing a white northface fleece, OH no, NOT BLACK!!. I ride a sh*tload and couldnt care less about what I'm wearing or what she's wearing as long as we're covered.

Well the group of guys and women were head to toe chaps to headbands and instantly started making comments about my girlfriend wearing a "Yuppie" jacket. Then proceeded to ask - "What year is that?" I responded It's a '95, thinking they would compliment how clean it is - their response - "How do you 2 ride that dinosaur?"

Are you fricking kidding me?!?!?! I was so pissed I had to turn my back and not say a word. Just fired up the old evo and let the Vance an Hines drown out the a$$holes. Then once we hit the road my girlfriend asked what they meant. I told her we werent wearing enough "Harley" gear to be seen as cool to them.

I just dont get some people. Alright - RANT OVER.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 AM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ride what you want the way you want.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 AM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate people like that......screw em!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 73,220 Likes on 22,075 Posts

You at least shoulda flipped em' off while you were leaving?

Old 10-28-2009, 08:56 AM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 789 Likes on 383 Posts

There's a couple of guys I used to work w/ that had every piece of MOCO clothing they offered and wore it everyday. They all used to ride wings in the past and would get upset when I asked them what they did w/ all their Honda Goldwing clothes when they upgraded.

I wear what I want, when I want and am not real worried about others.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:02 AM
gacoptrainer
Road Captain

Dude, sorry to hear that. They need to learn when to shut their pie holes. Ya'll enjoy your ride and forget those losers. Dang, I can't even think what else to say on that subject. If you see them again just fantasize knocking over their bikes

Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Actually you need to laugh that **** off. I never get all biker-ed or logo-ed out when we ride. I have never been a tag ***** and get a chuckle out of those that are. As for the bike I would bet that nobody in that group knows anything more about their ride than where the gas cap is.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
You at least shoulda flipped em' off while you were leaving?

I was telling myself "Just get on the bike, just get on the bike"

I've written off the whole fashion crowd for awhile now - there's too many to deal with. But why make a comment about somebody's bike - I'm DAMN proud to have a kick a$$ evo!! I guess I'm just tired of the whole Metric vs. HD issue that get's played out with the wave/ dont wave guys, and to now have the "Elitists" within the HD crowd is just ridiculous to me.

I appreciate you guys letting me sound off.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been ridin HD's for 30 years now. Pans, Shovels, Twin cam. Wear what I want when I want. Harley gets enough of my money don't need the motor cloths. Hell I've even been caught wearing sneakers on the bike. Fuggem. If you have to explain they wouldn't unnerstand.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 AM
cruzinthecoast
Tourer

Don't let people like that get to you I run into them all the time.
I have a stroked 94 Heritage thats powder coated flat black I guess it not shinny enough for other peoples taste. I've had insults on it by wannabees who think they have the right to dictate what others should be ridding or wearing.
Some ride as a fashion accessory but then again I have nothing against that. They just should keep their opinions to them selves.

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"