Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bparsel
"How do you 2 ride that dinosaur?"
Response: "Every chance we get. How many states have you ridden across?"

Old 10-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Moog Player
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They would have been wiped out be me on my old Shovelhead FLH80 and me in a helmet then. Would have been too much for 'em. Now I ride a bone stock 96 Ultra. That in itself gets me constant heckling. And since I wear full protective gear, I get even more. I don't care. I've put over 250,000 miles on motorcycles in the past 2 decades (When I started keeping track of miles) I've been riding since 1969. Do what floats your boat. Leave me the hell alone to float mine.
BTW, neither your bike or your honey are hard on the eyes.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:35 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 739 Likes on 276 Posts

My wife rides a 1988 Heritage softail! I always look around to see if she has the oldest bike, often she does. I think it's cooler that the bike is older!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:36 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by mimo; 10-29-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

There are plenty of retards out there.....

I was getting fuel one one on the Dyna. A big pickup shows up and a man gets out of his truck. This guy is dressed head to toe in all Harley garb. After he goes into the store and buys whatever....he decides to walk over to me.

He says to me...'Nice Sportster." I replied, it isn't a Sportster, it is a Dyna Low Rider. His reply was...."Never heard of a Dyna before." Since he had all the Harley garb on...I asked him what kind of bike he rode. He said he has a Harley Softail. I asked him, what kind of softail do you have. He said, Harley Softail again. I said to him, Softail what? Heritage, Springer...etc. What? He just looked at me like I was crazy and then drove off.

People like that probably doesn't even have a Harley to begin with. If he did have the Softail, he should have at least know something about it.

I've also had this one guy telling me that he rides a Harley as well. I asked him what engine does your bike have. His ONLY answer was "V-Twin."

I never get mad even when people call my bikes old.....and 1998 is NOT old at all. Hell, I don't consider any EVO to be old. I just laugh at the people and enjoy my rides.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
94fatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswickoh
Story screams of BS, maybe it happened but more likely it didn't!
Wow so are all the other stories being told BS as well??? Moron!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,907 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I've told this one before: I was sitting at one of the 6 bars on the top secret military base called Diego Garcia. The place was crawling with Marines. At our table were a couple of them, and one had a Harley tatoo on his forearm. I asked him if he was into Harleys and he and his friends just chuckle. "Yeah, I'm into Harleys. Harleys are my life..." and on he went. I said "I have a 79 FLH, what do you have?" "Well, uh, I, uh, don't have one now, but I'm going to get one..."

Old 10-28-2009, 07:22 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

EVOrider said-
"I never get mad even when people call my bikes old.....and 1998 is NOT old at all. Hell, I don't consider any EVO to be old. I just laugh at the people and enjoy my rides.
1999 FXDS-CONV- SOLD"

1998 WAS a good year! I'll take them ALL off your hands if they get too old for you......

Old 10-28-2009, 07:33 PM
93LowRider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my '93 is old, and damn proud of it, has more character to me than most of the newer bikes I've seen. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, both your ride and woman look good.

Interesting enough, today I had the UPS guy come in for a delivery, he said he had seen me riding around town, I asked him what he road, he said a V-Star and looked kind of down when he said it, lol. I told him as long he's riding that's all that matters. I don't get all the snobbery when it comes to trucks, boats or even bikes.

I'm not into being a bilboard for any company, but I do have my share of Harley t-shirts, but mostly I wear what's comfortable. My wife on the other hand says I can do her Christmas clothes shopping at Harley... have yall seen those prices?

I hate to break it to Mama but baby needs new pipes

Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just bought a Fat Boy Lo.
and the rest I dont care about.
I usually use the term "soda" which is short for....so da F*** what hahahhaha

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"