EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope to keep my ride going as long as yours, and women can wear any color and still look good on a Harley. You did the right thing, they probably were just out on their weekly 20 mile ride, and felt bad *** with more of them than you. Screw em.My wife has a pink Jacket, and looks damn good in it! Let somebody say something!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

You have a nice looking lady and bike, I'm sure their consistent and they are a jerk with everyone. Had one guy tell me all I need is some pipes then my bike will sound like a real mans bike, I told him I'll let my riding show what I got, he knew I was a more experienced rider.

Owning a Harley is not a cure for being a JO.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:01 PM
pajoe
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, this is the kind of attitude that really turns me off about the crowd that hangs out at the dealers. These guys really were the proverbial "Yuppies on their Softails" trying to project their own masculinity insecurities on to you.

I do like to dress up in the Harley outfits most times as well but I would never be so rude to anyone, not even metric bike owners. Not too long ago a coworker told me the guys at the local Harley dealer said his shovel ain't even a Harley, it's a AMF. Then they wonder why younger people are not buying their new Harleys. These idiots actually believe the only reason anyone does not ride a new Harley is because they can't afford it - yet most of them are making payments to keep their Harleys that are still owned by the bank. You can spot them right away, because they are always talking about how much money they spent on their Harley.

Some of us revere tradition and some don't, I prefer to associate myself with the more traditional Harleys and their riders, even though we never ride in groups, or attend most events.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Knuckles
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, some people should just learn to keep their mouths shut. I just bought my first harley, and when I was looking I did not want anything newer than a 95, So I ended up with a 93 Fatboy converted to a Heritage.

But anyways a guy I have worked with for about 6-7 years, never rode a bike, so I call him a "check book rider" he walks into a HD dealer, writes a check for a down payment for a heritage classic, and adds on every single piece of HD cloths, tour packs the whole nine yards. The first day he rode it in he was head to toe HD cloths, tour packs. So he has the nerve to ask me when I was getting a real bike (at this time I was riding a Ducati) so I told him that I will get a real bike when you learn how to ride, secondly, when you put more miles on than I do, oh and when you no longer look like a F%$ Tool.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Bunch of dumb ***'s.I don't wear the clown-pirate cloths when I ride either and some fat turd dressed like a pirate said somethin about it,he was not on a bike and I was,I looked at him and called him a fat clown and keep lookin waiting for the response but non came.I have no respect for people like that.That kind are not Harley or motorcycle enthusiasts,they are into lookin and playing a part,usually don't know much about the bike thier on either.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Teflon Tom
Advanced
Wink My momma use to say

My momma use to say "you wouldn't spend so much time thinking about what people thought about you, if you knew how little time they spent thinking about you"

And it was I think Mark Twain said " The difference between stupidity and intelligence is there is a limit to intelligence"

Last but not least "Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has them"

Ride......

Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
DrSmaggs
Tourer

Stay warm, stay safe and forget what other people think of your gear. Unless you're wearing nothing but a diaper, nobody should say a word...

Then again, a biker in a diaper is someone I wouldn't want to mess with

Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzinthecoast
Well look at it this way when the next yuppie trend comes in there will be a lot of mint low mi. bike for sale real cheap and a lot of big dollar Harley leathers on ebay being sold for next to nothing

Kinda like how there are tons of those $70-80k designer hardtail choppers from a few years ago all over craigslist and the owners cant give them away now.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:56 PM
94fatboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by FunkyNova66
Hey, don't feel bad. I was driving with two friends back from the Great Smoky Mountains a few weeks ago. We drove out there to eat lunch in Maggie Valley. It was a 14 hr (700+ mile) day riding there, eating, riding the parkway for a few hours and heading back to Raleigh NC. We were all on touring bikes and we pulled off an exit to get gas. As we pulled up to the pumps, this guys was walking out of the store with his 10 yr old son. He says to his son "Look son, these guys all have touring bikes and none of them have their wives with them" Here I'm thinking he is just making an observation, so I turned to him and said "yea...this was a guys day out. We left the wives home this time...it's been a long day...almost 12 hours ". As I'm pumping my gas, I hear him mumble to his son "thats why real men drive hardtails". Now get this...he has a goatee (no big deal), ac/dc shirt (cool) and a PINK bandana on his head!!! Now how f#cking cool are you when you are looking like 1987 Brett Michaels from Poison wearing your pink bandana?? LMFAO. He gets in his ragged *** POS Chevy Blazer with the muffler falling off and skreeches out of there. I kept my mouth shut ONLY because he had his son there with him and I didn't feel like wrecking his ego in front of his little boy.

Anyways....it's funny the comments some tards make. Really. What's the point?
I rode a hardtail for years and would have never thought about doing a 700 mile ride on it...Maybe Im not a real man but from the people I know, most of us arent if that is the bar being set!!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:01 PM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you're wearing nothing but a diaper, nobody should say a word...

Then again, a biker in a diaper is someone I wouldn't want to mess with
thanks for the laugh...
now i need advice on how to clean coffee out of a laptop.

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"