EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,785 Likes on 890 Posts

I feel that showing respect to another Harley rider is kinda of a code of conduct, even tho I am gagging inside when someone is bragging about the chrome on their new Twinkie, I still will find the mental ability to say that is a nice bike unless they are a public display of a$$holeism and then I will walk away.

Bparsel ran into a public display of a$$holeism so he walked away BUT under the "display of a$$hole" rule is a clause: replying back with a smarta$$ remark is acceptable behavior when defined a$$holeism is directed towards you, so overdressed, payment toten, chrome polishing, 700 mile a year riding HD androids would have been excluded from the code of conduct rule.

I have been guilty of judging garment (unsafe) myself only to find out when meeting that person or group later that they ride more than me and are good people, so I have taken the outlook of the first paragraph

Old 10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't worry, you just ran into a bunch of newbies practicing to be BADASS.
Usually takes a long time to get it right.
They'll have to brainstorm what went wrong for them this time, as they 'failed to intimidate!'

Old 10-28-2009, 12:11 PM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by bparsel
HA! I saw a guy this past Friday night wearing a leather jacket with a "Sons of Anarchy" patch on the back. My GF actually pointed it out to me, I had a great laugh at that. Glad I'm not the only one that has witnessed that.
ive seen alot of that,pretty pathetic,cant waint for one of the to run into a outlaw or two,fun city!!!
kirby
vee twin racing

Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,895 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Yeah, don't sweat it. A good response would have been:

"Wannabe."

Or even "How's that timing chain tensioner treating you there?" But they were obviously rubes and probably out riding until the repo man catches up with them anyway.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:14 PM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F**k em. I have been riding the same 1987 FLHTC for 22 years. Bought it new. I would have told them I am not on the HD mailing list since I havent given them 20 grand in the last few years. One night me and my old lady are at a red light. This *** and his wife pull up on their bagger, he says to my what year? I tell him a 87. He says suprised it still runs. Says mines a 07 and sticks his nose up in the air. SO the light changes and we both take off. He cracks it and my girl says "Dust em" My bike runs. I cranked by him making sure to shift right next to them. At the next lightI told him to go back to the dealer and tell them you need a performance package. These yuppies that are all dressed from the dealer are joke to me. Just because you can buy a $20,000 Harley does not make you a biker. They think they are so cool. This is the HD irony. I find it funny that some older guy gets his first bike and has the nerve to say someting to you and your women. I have had a HD since I was 20 and am going to be 50 next FEB. Tell them she has on Harley panties.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, crazy to hear some of these stories,

I should have responded:

"Yup she's an old '95, but my girls T*t's are '08's and both the bike and the ***** are payed for"

Old 10-28-2009, 12:34 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, don't feel bad. I was driving with two friends back from the Great Smoky Mountains a few weeks ago. We drove out there to eat lunch in Maggie Valley. It was a 14 hr (700+ mile) day riding there, eating, riding the parkway for a few hours and heading back to Raleigh NC. We were all on touring bikes and we pulled off an exit to get gas. As we pulled up to the pumps, this guys was walking out of the store with his 10 yr old son. He says to his son "Look son, these guys all have touring bikes and none of them have their wives with them" Here I'm thinking he is just making an observation, so I turned to him and said "yea...this was a guys day out. We left the wives home this time...it's been a long day...almost 12 hours ". As I'm pumping my gas, I hear him mumble to his son "thats why real men drive hardtails". Now get this...he has a goatee (no big deal), ac/dc shirt (cool) and a PINK bandana on his head!!! Now how f#cking cool are you when you are looking like 1987 Brett Michaels from Poison wearing your pink bandana?? LMFAO. He gets in his ragged *** POS Chevy Blazer with the muffler falling off and skreeches out of there. I kept my mouth shut ONLY because he had his son there with him and I didn't feel like wrecking his ego in front of his little boy.

Anyways....it's funny the comments some tards make. Really. What's the point?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
tmd442
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's why I like my dog more than most people!

Old 10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Since when was a '95 a dinosaur?

that right there tells you they are new to the game.

Being new is ok....we all were at one point.

It's just too bad some don't get it.

~Joe

Old 10-28-2009, 01:03 PM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

other than the tools that insulted you that day... how was the ride? i would imagine it was a great ride.

ride what you want, when you want and where you want. enjoy every minute of it, and just dismiss the people that try to ruin it. in my sig you can see the bikes i currently ride, and i have had people try to insult me many times. i just don't care.

i would venture a guess that you receive many more compliments than insults in your 60,000 plus miles.

keep enjoying the ride!!!

my humble opinion.

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"