Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:26 AM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,813 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostalgia_93
Hi t150vej!

I think thereīs a misunderstanding here, maybe I didnīt express myself correctly when translating. What I reffer here with the smile are not persons, is the attitude of that particular group of guys and women that were refered by bparsel. I of course apologize if you felt alluded.

Cheers
I don't think it's nice... you laughing.

See, my mule don't like people laughing, gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Now if you'll apologize, like I know you're going to... I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.....

That was a quote from a Clint Eastwood movie (The title escapes me now) and I didn't read past the first 3 or 4 posts, I was just trying to be funny. Don't worry, the Comedy Club hasn't left any messages for me and I'll keep my day job.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Nostalgia_93
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehehe, that makes sense XD You made me get confused!

Cheers t150vej!

Old 11-10-2009, 06:27 AM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,813 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnieg
I've been riding a bike now for 35+ years and it's become somewhat of a fashion industry. From folks who've never had a bike before, and now pay more attention to detail and dress, socializing around a bike, than actually being on it. I've worn shorts and t-shirts, no logos, just being dry and comfortable for long rides is all you need...In Halifax we have a few spots where people go to talk bike talk, have a coffee and some go just to look at themselves. I go on occasion and like this forum, I can always learn a thing or two from folks who take pride in their bikes, whether its an older Indian, BSA, or Harley. I even had a chat with a guy who restored a Honda 305 Hawk (1968 maybe) Although this was probably not the bike he'd use on a long haul, this guy was proud of his bike and so he should be...He wasn't a billboard for anybody...
Anyway...enjoy riding your bike, not standing beside it....
AMEN ronnieg, and very well put.

The entire industry boomed after HD came out with the Evo which was dependable and strong right out of the box. Once they ironed that out, the marketing genuis gurus proceeded to sell the "image" to the American public and not unlike everything else that media shoves down our throats, the masses bought into it. I've always believed that humans are more "monkey see - monkey do" than the lower primates. The pseudo "biker" culture of present is living proof.

But, each to ones own and everyone is different which has allowed a now diversified industry to thrive upon the competitive nature of people.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Bonker
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t150vej

See, my mule don't like people laughing, gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.

Now if you'll apologize, like I know you're going to... I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.....

That was a quote from a Clint Eastwood movie (The title escapes me now) and I didn't read past the first 3 or 4 posts, I was just trying to be funny. Don't worry, the Comedy Club hasn't left any messages for me and I'll keep my day job.
I think it's A Fistfull of Dollars...

Old 11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
ultrat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I hope those people are the exception, I ride 75flh 93 flh 09 flh each one is a great bike .....

Old 11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by t150vej

I love A Fistful of Dollars! What a great line! LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bBqb7X3LpU

Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Get three coffins ready."
.......... "My mistake - four coffins."

Old 11-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Brettfullthrottle
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

BLOWHARDS!!!! Its kinda funny really....Goldwing guys that slam Harleys, Harley guys that slam Hondas, BMW guys that slam all other makes! Oh, yeah thats right-Harley people that try to dictate what year Harley you should run!!!
I have experience in the motorcycle industry and this is what I have discovered; All that I listed above are cut from the same cloth! They think they are different, but really they are all the same!!!
I don't care what other people ride, after all I am not paying their rent! I remember riding old Yamahas, Hondas, and a few GREAT Moto Guzzi's! I am no better than anyone else out there that rides! (Although I must mention I don't care for crotch rockets but thats my problem!)
Main thing is your riding! You handled that better than I would have!

Old 11-15-2009, 08:46 AM
1986FXWG
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a strange encounter yesterday when I went to my local HD dealer for some oil and filters. I needed filters for my 03 ultra and my 86 FXWG.
The parts guy handed the 03 filter without looking then spent 10 min. looking for my 86 filter. He then asked if I still ride the 86 much and seemed shocked to hear I was riding it today. For a company so based on it's heritage you would think it's dealers would be interested in preserving it.
When someone dressed in HD from head to toe says anything about my four speed or tennis shoes on a 90degree day I respond with
" Nice Costume"

Old 11-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Barrenmug
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride with flip flops and shorts and a t-shirt in the summer. My bike my body. I'll wear what I like and drive what I want.

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"