EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 PM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my Evo, but my Shovel never left me stuck nowhere either.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:54 AM
glide8889
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does it bother people? cause we dont have a payment book like the phone book.

I have met people that think if you dont have the new 1000009 cu motor you aint cool and all that junk, I just want to ride , dodge idiots and enjoy riding. I have a 88 glide that has a small cam , fine for me , 89 ultra when me and sweety ride and if you dont like it pass us, were happy.
EVO 4/ever

Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Blown 331
Cruiser
Default Whats the best way to touch up a black engine?

wrong post, sorry.

Last edited by Blown 331; 11-01-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:16 AM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bparsel
MAN does this chap my A$$. The girlfriend and I went riding Sunday and made a stop at the local bar. We were the only bike when we got there, had lunch and walked out to a group of about 5 new bikes - All heritage softails, mostly BRIGHT YELLOW parked next to us. I was wearing jeans and my vinyl Harley riding jacket with a hoodie. Girlfriend was wearing a white northface fleece, OH no, NOT BLACK!!. I ride a sh*tload and couldnt care less about what I'm wearing or what she's wearing as long as we're covered.

Well the group of guys and women were head to toe chaps to headbands and instantly started making comments about my girlfriend wearing a "Yuppie" jacket. Then proceeded to ask - "What year is that?" I responded It's a '95, thinking they would compliment how clean it is - their response - "How do you 2 ride that dinosaur?"

Are you fricking kidding me?!?!?! I was so pissed I had to turn my back and not say a word. Just fired up the old evo and let the Vance an Hines drown out the a$$holes. Then once we hit the road my girlfriend asked what they meant. I told her we werent wearing enough "Harley" gear to be seen as cool to them.

I just dont get some people. Alright - RANT OVER.
how sad some people are so childish I bet they were green with envy
you gotta feel sorry for em.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 AM
glide8889
Stage III
Default Whats the best way to touch up a black engine

I painted mine an then took a blue roloc wheel and cleaned the fins, then took a polish wheel and rouge and shined them up.
Also done my forks

Attached Thumbnails Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"-img_2909.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 02:34 PM
96black&blue
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bet they couldn't even tell the sound difference between the efi and carb.the carbs sound sooooo much better.a friend of mine asked me the other day if i could make it idle any lower,i laughed and told him yea.don't you miss your carb.he did agree tho and said nothin like an evo cept maybe a shovel.lol

Old 11-01-2009, 04:56 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 96black&blue
i bet they couldn't even tell the sound difference between the efi and carb.the carbs sound sooooo much better.a friend of mine asked me the other day if i could make it idle any lower,i laughed and told him yea.don't you miss your carb.he did agree tho and said nothin like an evo cept maybe a shovel.lol

Thats the saddest part... I had a guy tell me the other day that he saw a metric of some sort and that it sounded really good, just like a Harley... I said like mine, he said "no, like the newer ones"... I could just smile.....

Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude your bike looks great and your girl does too. You should have turned to them and said. I guess you wouldn't know what an EVO is and rode off.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bparsel
MAN does this chap my A$$. The girlfriend and I went riding Sunday and made a stop at the local bar. We were the only bike when we got there, had lunch and walked out to a group of about 5 new bikes - All heritage softails, mostly BRIGHT YELLOW parked next to us. I was wearing jeans and my vinyl Harley riding jacket with a hoodie. Girlfriend was wearing a white northface fleece, OH no, NOT BLACK!!. I ride a sh*tload and couldnt care less about what I'm wearing or what she's wearing as long as we're covered.

Well the group of guys and women were head to toe chaps to headbands and instantly started making comments about my girlfriend wearing a "Yuppie" jacket. Then proceeded to ask - "What year is that?" I responded It's a '95, thinking they would compliment how clean it is - their response - "How do you 2 ride that dinosaur?"

Are you fricking kidding me?!?!?! I was so pissed I had to turn my back and not say a word. Just fired up the old evo and let the Vance an Hines drown out the a$$holes. Then once we hit the road my girlfriend asked what they meant. I told her we werent wearing enough "Harley" gear to be seen as cool to them.

I just dont get some people. Alright - RANT OVER.
The more stories like this I read, the more I see the ficticious "Harley Brotherhood" as the biggest group of snobs I ever met. I'm tired of reading "Rub", "Poser", "Wannabee", etc.

Odds are, the folks you are talking about are all three of the above! LOL

Brotherhood my ***.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Any one that criticizes some one else (or their bike) is displaying a lack of self sufficiency to become what they want to be. In this case a biker by their definition.

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"