EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 10:45 AM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ride what you want to ride where you want to ride it and when you want to ride it.

I have an 03 flstsi heritage softail and that is not typical of who i ride with. we may hove on anything. we are there to ride not be looked at. Be hard to ride off without telling someone to kiss my springer. And I don't mean the bike

Old 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 83 Posts

bparsel,

Your girl and your bike are friggin great.

This forum Rocks! Think it's great that there are so many Evo riders out there that have many of the same thoughts and views towards riding and life as I do, makes me have a lot more faith in the world.

Lastly, F*ck them. Tools like that are everwhere and not worth sh*t. Take joy in the fact that it is just a phase they are going through and in 5 years they won't even own a bike anymore. (it will be out of warranty and they will have grown tired of playing dress-up!)

Old 10-30-2009, 10:55 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

No matter how I put this I will sound like a dick, but I don't mean to....I promise. I just think its hysterical that the twinkie crowd is now trying to puttin' down the evo guys JUST as the the evo guys have been ****in' with us Shovel guys in the exact same way for the past 20 years, with the "wheres the tow vehicle" and "you got magnetic mufflers on that pile to pick up all the parts that fall off" crap. Yeah, its agravating for sure, but it's just something that those guys that have to always have the newest toys do to make themselves feel better about how much they paid for stuff. Oh, and I like chaps in the cold weather. Don't care what no ones says about them either.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:02 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[quote=bikerlaw;5789201]No matter how I put this I will sound like a dick, but I don't mean to....I promise.quote]

You dont sound like a dick to me. I think if anything this thread has gotten turned into a pretty funny commentary on how assanine all of us can be that share a passion about the same thing, which is riding.

Those guys gave me sh*t for "Yuppie" clothing and an old bike, it made me mad, but really this thread has made me realize I need to look at myself and realize how often I make fun of the guys dressed from head to toe in MOCO clothing and maybe just let it go.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:12 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by remike
Ride what you want the way you want.
Amen...I don't tell other people how to dress...nor do I give a rats *** what others may think of what I'm wearing....

Old 10-30-2009, 12:07 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,864 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Shovels don't leak, they just like to remember where they have been!

Old 10-30-2009, 12:35 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
No matter how I put this I will sound like a dick, but I don't mean to....I promise. I just think its hysterical that the twinkie crowd is now trying to puttin' down the evo guys JUST as the the evo guys have been ****in' with us Shovel guys in the exact same way for the past 20 years, with the "wheres the tow vehicle" and "you got magnetic mufflers on that pile to pick up all the parts that fall off" crap. Yeah, its agravating for sure, but it's just something that those guys that have to always have the newest toys do to make themselves feel better about how much they paid for stuff. Oh, and I like chaps in the cold weather. Don't care what no ones says about them either.
I ride with a great guy that has a 77 FLH and, frankly, crap DOES fall off of it... all the time. It is hysterical and we laugh like crazy every time. I'd rather ride with him than anyone. It's a beautiful bike and he's a hoot and it gives me something to do when I get bored (watch his bike to see what's a'rattling).

I think the difference in some of this is that some people like the character and tinkering required for an old bike (or car, or house, or whatever) and some people want dependability or newness. I've never bought a new car in my life (or boat or bike or any of that stuff) because I love to tinker around with it. If my bike never gave me anything to think about, what would be the fun?

But, I would not go around giving someone crap for drving an old mustang, or a sweet cougar, or 66 F100 that was all dialed in (Ford guy!) - and the OP's bike is sweet!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 02:46 PM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i find that the longer i am stuck to this spinning orb that we call Earth, that i become more and more resilient. what people say, and do towards me does not affect me even remotely close to how it did 20-30 years ago. i don't let my blood boil, or harbor any ill feelings towards those that act like a tool.

i just dismiss them.

if a person is fool enough to raise that bargain to a physical confrontation, i take note and advise against it. if it becomes physical, or if my family or friends are threatened... i will set you free. it also makes a huge difference if you are standing still, or moving towards or away from me while spouting nonsense. you can say whatever you want... while walking away.

Mushin. <-- a state of mind, and being.
If you can put emotions aside for a moment, most conflict is avoided.

that said... i will not cower to you, but you may pass.

the majority of people that i meet on motorcycles have a great attitude. if you like the wind, the air and the solitude, i belv it helps make you whole.

Last edited by NYBagger92; 10-30-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bparsel
Funny enough, we took this pic at a stop on Sunday and even features the girlfriend wearing the offending "Yuppie" coat next to the "Dinosaur"!

Damn, epic thread here.

You have a cute girl and a nice looking bike, you did well to just ride away, next time you want to tell them to fu#k off anyone who gives you crap, just smile and say "Nice twinkie".
I actually own one but would never say anything bad to a stranger about their bike.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM
perpulreaper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only Harley shirt i have seas i own a harley not just a f#@%ing t-shirt

if your rides a dinosaur mine must be prehistoric

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"