Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:55 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pistole
- "**** off now , avoid the beating"

ROTFLMAO !

I'm going to have to find that one. LOLLERS.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chaps are for cowboys, doo rags are for pirates. As long as there is no ship and no horse around, both look ridiculous.
I miss my EVO. The better HD motor, IMO. 95 isn't a dinosaur, it's barely broken in. Enjoy the road, ignore the idiots, and ride hard. Anything else is just anoyment.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:10 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Chaps are for cowboys, doo rags are for pirates. As long as there is no ship and no horse around, both look ridiculous.
I miss my EVO. The better HD motor, IMO. 95 isn't a dinosaur, it's barely broken in. Enjoy the road, ignore the idiots, and ride hard. Anything else is just anoyment.

Hey, easy there maite...... Some of us require a doo rag.. I'm folicly challenged and happen to prefer a rag to other options.. Actually I wear a welding cap to keep the sweat out of my lid and sun off my head... I think many of us look a bit rediculous at one time or another.. Its the guys in full leather, chapps and all in 100* weather that get me... Even better are the metric guys with the HD logo on everything.. I totally agree with the wear what you want when you want and fk their opinion...

Old 10-30-2009, 07:52 AM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman

Got to agree with the "EASY THERE!"

It was cold as all get out the other day and I have no desire to prove that frostbite doesn't bother me. I wear my chaps if it is cold cause it really does make a difference compared to just jeans. Easpecially on long trips when you are in the wind for hours and hours. I will wear just about anything on my head if it feels good under the helmet. My last trip it was cold enough that I was wearing one of those neoprene face masks - the one my kids bought me with the skeleton face on it. Felt kind of stupid so I did turn it inside out after a while!! I don't care if I look like a pirate or a cowboy as long as the gear is functional.

OP - you did the right thing cause any breath would have been wasted. You have an awesome ride and a great looking girlfriend. I wouldn't trade my 90 bagger for anything and may never get another bike ever again. I can't see why I would. And my wife can wear whatever she wants on the back.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:16 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mjunk1
OP - you did the right thing cause any breath would have been wasted. You have an awesome ride and a great looking girlfriend. I wouldn't trade my 90 bagger for anything and may never get another bike ever again. I can't see why I would. And my wife can wear whatever she wants on the back.

Appreciate the responses. I may need to change the name of this thread to "Stories from the road" thanks to everyone for sharing, never expected there to be so many similar stories out there.

[quote=HGM Even better are the metric guys with the HD logo on everything [/quote]

That does actually make me laugh, couple weeks ago there was a guy cruising next to me down Woodward avenue north of Detroit and had a Harley Helmet and Logo Jacket on. Caught up to him and he was riding an old Suzuki 4 cylinder. I just waved and smiled, he did the same, but we both knew what was going through each of our heads when I rumbled past him.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bparsel
MAN does this chap my A$$. The girlfriend and I went riding Sunday and made a stop at the local bar. We were the only bike when we got there, had lunch and walked out to a group of about 5 new bikes - All heritage softails, mostly BRIGHT YELLOW parked next to us. I was wearing jeans and my vinyl Harley riding jacket with a hoodie. Girlfriend was wearing a white northface fleece, OH no, NOT BLACK!!. I ride a sh*tload and couldnt care less about what I'm wearing or what she's wearing as long as we're covered.

Well the group of guys and women were head to toe chaps to headbands and instantly started making comments about my girlfriend wearing a "Yuppie" jacket. Then proceeded to ask - "What year is that?" I responded It's a '95, thinking they would compliment how clean it is - their response - "How do you 2 ride that dinosaur?"

Are you fricking kidding me?!?!?! I was so pissed I had to turn my back and not say a word. Just fired up the old evo and let the Vance an Hines drown out the a$$holes. Then once we hit the road my girlfriend asked what they meant. I told her we werent wearing enough "Harley" gear to be seen as cool to them.

I just dont get some people. Alright - RANT OVER.
How funny would it be to see their faces if you pulled out your piece (if you had one) and said "however the F*?k we want!"

Old 10-30-2009, 08:48 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadbroke_bootleg
How funny would it be to see their faces if you pulled out your piece (if you had one) and said "however the F*?k we want!"

HA!, you dudes from Texas are some crazy SOB's!!! I love it.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 AM
rezrider
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on the neoprene face mack mjunk, my kids bought me one too and i wear it when its cold. I also have a pair of chaps that I have had since...well forever...Had toput them on last saturday cause it was cold up here in the mountains. You know i dont care what other people wear, and wear what i want because its my butt thats got to be comfortable. these people that are so concerned about what everybody else is riding or wearing are spending to much time parked and not enough time rolling. If anyone doesnt like my old evo thats fine, because its mine and not for sale. If anybody doesnt like the way I dress to ride in when it gets cold dont look at me. My girls love to buy "dad" harley clothes for birthdays and christmas. So i wear em, kinda wish they would buy me Cahartt instead.... Oh yeah I am Cherokee so I dont look like a pirate or cowboy..lol

Old 10-30-2009, 09:20 AM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 438 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by EVOrider
There are plenty of retards out there.....

I was getting fuel one one on the Dyna. A big pickup shows up and a man gets out of his truck. This guy is dressed head to toe in all Harley garb. After he goes into the store and buys whatever....he decides to walk over to me.

He says to me...'Nice Sportster." I replied, it isn't a Sportster, it is a Dyna Low Rider. His reply was...."Never heard of a Dyna before." Since he had all the Harley garb on...I asked him what kind of bike he rode. He said he has a Harley Softail. I asked him, what kind of softail do you have. He said, Harley Softail again. I said to him, Softail what? Heritage, Springer...etc. What? He just looked at me like I was crazy and then drove off.

People like that probably doesn't even have a Harley to begin with. If he did have the Softail, he should have at least know something about it.

I've also had this one guy telling me that he rides a Harley as well. I asked him what engine does your bike have. His ONLY answer was "V-Twin."

I never get mad even when people call my bikes old.....and 1998 is NOT old at all. Hell, I don't consider any EVO to be old. I just laugh at the people and enjoy my rides.
actually the first softails were FXST Softail, period.
the custom FXSTC and heritage were next, but the originals were simply "Softail".

Old 10-30-2009, 10:22 AM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rezrider
Oh yeah I am Cherokee so I dont look like a pirate or cowboy..lol
How cool ist that? I am in the US since not even 2 years now. Never saw a real native around here. I used to serve with a canadian indian (I think he was Ojibway, he took the french citizenship and is now, I think, the only french indian in the world (if you don't count the tribes in french guyana).
I understand that some people wear chaps and rags for a purpose. I, myself, have long hair, and a headband helps in the non-helmet states. Without it, I think I'd have to cut them after a a longer ride. It was just an old german biker saying (the thing with the pirates and the cowboys).

Quick Reply: Had a bunch of Aholes insult my "Dinosaur"