EVO All Evo Model Discussion

How much do you ride?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I've put a little over 10,000 on since Spring '08. I'm certain of this as I had some motor work done that winter, and the mileage is on the receipt. This summer was extremely rainy in New England (in fact the rainiest I can remember ever and I've been around a while); June in particular was basically a washout. So I put on a lot less miles this summer than last. The season ain't over yet though.

Been riding this bike for three years. I do some work myself, but for the big stuff I bring it to a local indy shop. It's in the shop right now getting two new tires and a new rear disc along with new Lyndall pads front and rear. The disc had to be ordered and has held things up for a week. The weather has been so nice that it's killing me to have it in the shop, but I should have it back in a day or two.

Last edited by rivercityslim; 09-28-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:38 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my 90 Ultra for about 16 months and have put over 9k on it. I am planning a trip for next week out west and that will crank up another 3-4k. I do most everything myself and with a little help from the smart minds on this board. I've painted it, changed exhaust and air filter, rejetted it, changed rear tire, rebuilt calipers, modified the dash, changed stator and regultor along with general tune-up and maintenance. I haven't had to break into the engine yet but will want to do that myself when the time comes. Learning about the bike is a lot of fun and since I don't need it to get to work everyday, I can mess up a little and not be stranded.

I love my bike - this is unquestionably the best bike I have ever owned and really can't imagine getting tired of it.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
pajoe
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

We average about 10,000 miles a year but mileage numbers alone can be misleading because miles accumulated on highways/interstates at those speeds are a lot less time consuming than 2 lane farm/mountain/back roads at much slower speeds. An individual that does most riding at 50 mph or less will speed more time riding than someone doing 65-70 mph for the same amount of miles.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:43 PM
powaypete
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been averageing 12-15K a year for 30+ years (Ride to work everyday and on Sunday - Saturday is the day off for family and maintenance). Here in the last 3 years, average is down (age and get cold faster) so don't ride as much during the winter.
Heritage since Dec 04, Dresser since July 09 (Never have bought a new bike).

Old 09-29-2009, 01:57 AM
2nd Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned my RK for 12 years. I rode around 6k a year for the first 4 years and then life got in the way!

Family used up all of my scarce free time(I average around 60 hours a week at work),as well as home improvements(the new kitchen alone took me 3 months of weekends).

For seven years I only averaged around 700 miles and I was happy to get that!

The good news is it has once a gain become a priority!

We took a 2700 mile trip to Yellowstone this year and the wife and I realized how much fun we were missing out on!

It is once again time to ride!!

We are already planning our next trip.

Thinking along the lines of Kansas to the Grand canyon,then to Yosemite and back to Kansas with a few stops to visit friends and family along the way and taking 3 weeks to do it.

I only have two paid weeks of vacation but I'll gladly take an unpaid week just to relax and enjoy myself! Twenty three years of working my *** off and I'm ready to enjoy life AWAY from work!

I do all of my own work except tires. $50 sure beats chasing a wheel around the garage with a pair of spoons for a half hour and then you still have to have it balanced! Cam,clutch,gaskets,fork seals,drive belt,oil pump,electrical,fuel injection,tranny,etc. are all within my abilities as well as fluid changes.

I'm ready for a road trip!!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
myglide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So far this year I put 8000 on my '07 standard, 2100 on my '92 softail, 2000 on my '02 Hayabusa. I have done all my work so far. Basic oil changes, cable adjustments, ran wires in my apehangers, brakes and tires.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have only been averaging about 4500 a year combined on both bikes. I have not rode for about 2 months now. I just got me a brand new hip replacement in August. I am hoping to up that average when this thing settles in. It will be a real pleasure to ride without pain.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,911 Likes on 1,426 Posts

These days, I only do about 3-4K miles/year. Between life getting in the way and living down a dirt road, that's about all I get in. I bought my 1986 FLHT new, and the Sportster for that matter. I do all my own work except tires. I'm thinking seriously about getting a HF tire machine, but I just put 3 new tires on the bikes so I should be OK for a couple years.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:11 AM
hucks 08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we ride about 10to 12 a year

Old 09-30-2009, 10:30 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Only about 5000 per year. I live next door to my job. I ride just about everyday year round if the temp is above 32.
I have had this bike for 5 years and the only time the dealer had it was for the first service. I don't trust anyone but me, when it comes to my bike. Same with my cars. I do all the mechanical work and fluid changes.

Quick Reply: How much do you ride?