Dying Breed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Panshovevo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Not exactly on-topic, but.............
In '97 I was in a parking lot with my '85 Fat Bob Superglide waiting for someone and noticed a kid in a pickup circling around. He finally stopped and asked "How did you get that EVO in that shovelhead frame?" I told him "Well, it took some re-engineering and modification, but Harley pulled it off". He left without a word. This year I was at the all HD drags in KY with my '98 Road Glide, and a kid came over and asked "How did you put that EVO in that Twin-cam frame?" I said "Well, ..............................."

They walk among us...............
LMAO... I've met them. My '96 WG wears the turquoise and cream paint scheme, an expensive option when new, and apparently puts many people in mind of earlier times. I've had older guys and girls come up and tell me they had a '57 Chevy with those colors, when they were young.
I've also had younger guys, usually with a group of friends, ask what year pan (or once even knuck) that is...
I've been known to answer, with a straight face, it's a '47. They usually nod their heads in knowledgeable agreement , sometimes saying "yeah, thought so" and walk away with a smug look on their face...

Last edited by Panshovevo; 11-03-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 11-03-2011, 06:29 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Not exactly on-topic, but.............
In '97 I was in a parking lot with my '85 Fat Bob Superglide waiting for someone and noticed a kid in a pickup circling around. He finally stopped and asked "How did you get that EVO in that shovelhead frame?" I told him "Well, it took some re-engineering and modification, but Harley pulled it off". He left without a word. This year I was at the all HD drags in KY with my '98 Road Glide, and a kid came over and asked "How did you put that EVO in that Twin-cam frame?" I said "Well, ..............................."

They walk among us...............
Last year, I was at Bikers Blues BBQ in Fayettville, ar......

As I was walking back to the bike, I noticed a group of people standing around my bike. One fellow asked, "How did you make that EVO fuel injected?" One guy even said it must be aftermarket. I said.....well.....

Old 11-03-2011, 08:05 PM
wardch
Novice
Default another LMAO

Took in my 98 EG for a frt tire at my local HD boutique Mechanic wanted to know what aftermarket FI system I was running. I told him it was a weber variant from Moto Guzzi. I guess MMI and The PHD don't cover Magnetti Marelli anymore. I live 10 miles from THe Capitol plant 12 miles from Juneau and 18 from the Pilgrim Plant.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Panshovevo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wardch
Took in my 98 EG for a frt tire at my local HD boutique Mechanic wanted to know what aftermarket FI system I was running. I told him it was a weber variant from Moto Guzzi. I guess MMI and The PHD don't cover Magnetti Marelli anymore. I live 10 miles from THe Capitol plant 12 miles from Juneau and 18 from the Pilgrim Plant.
Someone on another forum told me that the majority of the employees at the Motor Company don't know there was a predecessor to the TC... and he works there.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This has been going on forever. I once stopped to help a broke down dude on I-10 in Mississippi in the early 90's. He stated he appreciated me stopping for him even though I rode a ricer. The embarrassment on his face was priceless. I realized I rode an ugly Tour Glide but damn...to be called a ricer? LOL

Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Eric The Welder
Banned

i was only 20 when harley unvieled the twin cam, and though ive owned 4 twin cams in the past 2 years, id like to get an evo someday, maybe an old fatboy from the 90s.

hey scott, why is there a pic of my bike in your sig?? lol

Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Eric The Welder
I have one of those fancy wireless scanners that doesn't work and I'm not smart enough to remove the old photo.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Eric The Welder
Got it fixed.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 PM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we've come close to making your statement true but thanks to a defibrillator and a great mechanic the fatty and I are still going strong.hahahahahahaha
viva los evos

Old 11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer

Originally Posted by notlost_nc
This has been going on forever. I once stopped to help a broke down dude on I-10 in Mississippi in the early 90's. He stated he appreciated me stopping for him even though I rode a ricer. The embarrassment on his face was priceless. I realized I rode an ugly Tour Glide but damn...to be called a ricer? LOL
Earlier this year I was at one of Harley's demo ride's at my local dealer, weather wasn't great and I didn't really wanna ride anything anyways so I took my truck. Got talking to the 2 guys in charge of the demo ride truck and bikes, and one asked me what kind of bike I had, I said "I have 2 a Virago 1100, and a Bad boy" and one of them responded "A bad boy huh, is that a honda?"
the look the other guy gave him was priceless too, it's not just "ugly road glides" that people mistake for ricers, LOL

Quick Reply: Dying Breed?