EVO All Evo Model Discussion

torque cones / power cones?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008 | 11:45 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Default RE: torque cones / power cones?

I was running them on my 95 EVO with the rineharts. They actually made my exhaust louder. Especially at highway speeds. Just ask the guys ridin behind me. Said they couldn't stand it. After I came back from Myrtle I took them back out and exhaust sounds deeper and not as loud on highway at 3,000 to 3,500 rpm's. I think my low end suffers very slightly with them out but top end seems much better. Always mess'n with something. When does it end?

Old 01-25-2009 | 11:59 PM
TJLeprechaun
Intermediate

i picked up a set of Big Growl Straight Shooters for my 2002 Sporty. I was going to put in torque cones but I think instead I am going to do the ol' washer trick (tack weld a washer to the end of a thumb screw so it suspends in the middle of the pipe). I'll let you guys know the difference. FYI i have always used straight pipes on the sporty. I like people to hate me as i am riding by them. F'EM

Old 01-26-2009 | 06:43 PM
hardluk1
Road Master

You did not say what you have now. TQ cones will stop reversion with larger overlaping cams and if you have a good muffler with room for expantion there not always needed. But don't hurt. They also help with drag pipes but don't buy drags. They will kill the bottomend. You can install KW arII slipons on mid evo and air kit with carb jetting and pick up 10 to 12 hp with a great bootom end . If you can talk to jim at Khrome werks about TQ,muffler or systems you will come out a much smarter person about exhaust. Phython and even cycle shacks work well just don't sound as good. If you have drags now even a washer welded to a bolt near the end of your header will help a drag pipe with bottomend. You turn it in the pipe to move the tq curve around to help tuneing and tighten the inside nut.

Buddy WMC The khrome Werks mufflers are the best slipon'd for a street bike shrt of something real wild you can get. Tao the baffle materal back tight to the baffle and they will go back in ,that the way the factory does it. Plan oll masking tape. You do know KW makes 3 different baffles for thos muffler bodies.

Last edited by hardluk1; 01-26-2009 at 06:47 PM.