EVO All Evo Model Discussion

True Duals for my EVO

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:18 PM
TennRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals for my EVO

Studying my exhaust today, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to add a new exhaust to the parts list of restoration items needing replacing.

Lacking in knowledge of exactly what I want, I'm asking you guys where best to direct my attention.

Vance & Hines TOURING SLIP-ONS Classic Slash Cut HD TouringIs what I have now... They sound ok, but still seem to have a slight stock sound to them.

I want to switch to tru duals, low volume like with these slip ons however I would like to get a deeper richer tone to them.

What do you guys suggest I look at for my Ultra.. ?

Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 AM
dert
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: True Duals for my EVO

Rush slipons...

Old 02-22-2008, 06:53 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I have true dual pipes on my bike and have just ordered S&S SPO stainless steel mufflers. I reckon on getting some custom stainless pipes made up when the mufflers are here.

Go totheir V-Series catalogue, pages 1 and 12:

http://www.sscycle.com/iframes/catalog.php

Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
phat96
Road Warrior

Went with the Rush 2.25's and it needed more back pressure when I had the full sac system. Went back to the stock set up and the guy who did the dyno said do the dummy exhaust on the left and run the exhaust out the right only. Bike would run much better and provide better performance

Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 AM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

My'89 Ultrawas in the shop for a top end reworking over the winter. I did the cam/lifter upgrade, new cylinder base gaskets, had the heads shaved and some Wood carb upgrades, along with a new free breathing air cleaner. As part of the upgrade, I had a Fullsac conversion installed as the stock H pipe had a crack in it and would need replacing anyway. I'm running Cycle Shack slip ons.

Unfortunately, due to the snow and generally sh*tty weather, the bike is still at the shop, even though the work is complete. So I don't really know yet how it's going to run. But I can say this --it sounds great running while stationary! Sometime in the next couple of weeks the weather is bound to change enough for me to go pick the thing up and do some test riding.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
TennRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went on my first group ride Yesterday and was complimented on the sound of the exhaust by everyone that rode behind me., said it had a nice rich mellow tone to it with a little bit of a bark when I cranked on it. Apparently it has a different tone all together going down the road.

I might just replace the headers to true duals and keep the mufflers. I have to admit, its easy on the ears and I do like being able to listen to my stereo and so does my buddy that normally rides behind me LOL

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 PM
!!!SPEEDY!!!
Advanced

I've got the Vance & Hines true duals with classic slipons. The duals will make it a little louder and also get rid of decell poping.