EVO All Evo Model Discussion

PA Turnpike EZ-PASS

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:57 AM
pajoe
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PA Turnpike EZ-PASS

It appears Pa Turnpike gives violations if the transponder doesn't read correctly and I am having trouble getting mine lined up correctly, and even if they don't charge me the extra fine, it will still be a lot more expensive than the actual cost.

It is rectangular and has MC on the one side, Pa Turnpike informational tag on the other - with arrows pointing up on the one side.I do know where the PA Turnpike antennas are, so lining it up correctly would be no problem if I knew which part of the transponder needs to be aimed towards the antenna.

I have read numerous posts but no one seems state just what area of the transponder needs to be pointed towards the PA Turnpike antennas. It is a shame Pa Turnpike don't have a test site so you could try it out before getting the violation.

I can line it up if I know what area of the transponder needs to pointed towards the Pa Turnpike receiver. Does anyone know for sure or is it just a guessing game?

thanks in advance

joe

Old 09-02-2007, 05:21 AM
grasman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PA Turnpike EZ-PASS

Joe,

It sounds to me the transponder is bad. These things read from just about anywhere on the vehicle. You should not have to "line it up" for it to read. Upside down, backwards, holding it up with your hand, etc, should not make a difference. Now I can't imagineit would be any different on a bike, but I can tell you in a car, I have left it in the console out of the protective covering and have gone through without a hitch.

That being said, even if the transponder is not reading, you're registered with them.All they have to do is look it up, see that you have your license plate number on file with them, charge your account for the tolland theyshould drop the fines.

I'm from Delaware and haveEZ Pass through Delaware. PA may be different. It seems to me it is easier to pass out a fine, than to just charge your account for the toll, but then again that would be way to much effort on their part to do the right thing.

Good luck
Jack

Good luck

Old 09-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have EZ Pass and mine is mounted with the printing towards the driver, velcro towards the window. I just throw it in my windshield pouch and have no problems in numerous states. I just go through slower and drive under the sensor.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 AM
pajoe
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I put the transponder under the fairing, just above the headlight with the "MC" pointing out and the arrows pointing toward the windshield and got lights both times I tried it. I have not received my violation notice yet, and it has not shown up on line - with Pa they charge you $5.00 if the the system can not read your transponder but the violations department determines you are a EX PASS customer in good standing. I did read a forum where a fellow said his bike didn't register at all, maybe I will be that lucky, and the "no lights" will actually mean not seen and will not be counted as a violation. The last time it took a couple weeks before I got the letter in the mail, so it is too early yet.