EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Realistic HP/Torque From Stock Bore Evo Builds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 01:03 PM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,647 Likes on 787 Posts

MaxFlo has mentioned there is an additional air bleed in the thunderjet itself and that it can be drilled… with its own fuel bowl feed, I actually would guess those mods would “draw” more fuel on the top end. Or I should say they would allow you to not run overly rich until you need to. But I’ve never messed with that.

Old 08-29-2024, 01:23 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,413 Likes on 3,620 Posts

Originally Posted by Rains2much
MaxFlo has mentioned there is an additional air bleed in the thunderjet itself and that it can be drilled… with its own fuel bowl feed, I actually would guess those mods would “draw” more fuel on the top end. Or I should say they would allow you to not run overly rich until you need to. But I’ve never messed with that.
Not sure if I would mess with the air bleed on a thunderjet.. It's sized to come in at a certain RPM (4200 I believe) and doing that is not going to add more fuel but will change when the T-jet to come in.. The only way to increase the amount of fuel is by going to bigger jet sizes.. But you still need a way to monitor the change as in a Wego or similar maybe even at the track..
Myself I would use the Wego and not the track..

Old 08-30-2024, 08:12 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,647 Likes on 787 Posts

We’re saying the same thing but not agreeing lol. Yes the only way to add more fuel is bigger jets but bigger jets can make it run too rich in spots, hence playing with two air bleeds instead of one allows you to run the richness. One thing the people don’t seem to get is they think one jet just does the bottom that another jet does the top. Like the bottom one magically shuts off at 3000-3500rpm. That’s not true, when a Jet comes in and then one jet comes in on top of it. In other words, both jets are now supplying fuel. If you had a thunder jet, then all three jets are supplying fuel. You’re controlling when or what rpm those three jets come in.

I know there is paper science about velocity, vacuum…. But here’s the banjo playing common sense. I have simply not had the correct jet before. In that pinch, Ive ignored S&S tuning practice and ran too rich on the bottom and leaned the mixture screw as I has I could to make the top run a tad richer. It’s not perfect but it proved by mph I needed more fuel up top. So the jets overlap and games can be played. If your mid is slightly lean a smaller air bleeds one way, another is a slightly larger intermediate jet.. now the top is coming in too early… so you increase the air bleed. But the top is rich.. you need that much fuel up top though. Hence T-jet.. but you can also hold off how early it adds fuel with “it’s” air less.

So with all that said. I’d rather just run the two fuel or it’s and one air bleed.

Last edited by Rains2much; 08-30-2024 at 08:19 AM.
The following users liked this post:
pgreer (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024, 09:06 AM
Racepres
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,351 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
I never said anything about WFO so don't put words in my mouth...
Not my Intention..I was in fact reinforcing your "Mid Range" statement by pointing out How it Works
Now, On the Changing the Air Bleeds on the T-Jet Collar.. If you think you know Your Engine perfectly..Get at it. It does in fact change When the T-jet "comes in"

The following users liked this post:
98hotrodfatboy (08-30-2024)