EVO All Evo Model Discussion

FXD dreams

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 04:15 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,433 Likes on 3,625 Posts

Originally Posted by Trumpet
@98hotrodfatboy yeah, had a Tiwian 'lifetime' 41mm set of legs and knockoff accutronix wide glide trees. Unknown chrome caliper as well. So back to HD parts, bit mix and match. Much, much better handling and all the weird up front noises are gone. Added bonus the turn signal cancel works again after cleaning up the wiring.

I've got some rust removal and painting to do. Otherwise guess I'll build the motor this winter...just because.
I went with Taiwan Ted's bogus tubes and lowers never again I had way too many problems things were sitting for so long Everything was corroded on the inside.. from now on I'll look for OEM lowers and tubes and go from there... It's the only safe bet..

The following users liked this post:
chrisflhtc (08-16-2024)
Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM
Trumpet
Road Captain
Received 398 Likes on 250 Posts

One of our local shops is having a clear out sale; take offs, blems, dead inventory, what have you. I scored a new fender yesterday, and will go back during the week to take another look at some 16'' front wheels they have. [3/4'' bearing]

I was chasing a torsion issue when applying the front brake, recheck tire pressure,amongst other things. Turned out to be wasted handlebar bushings, rather surprised, but I should have done them when I was putting the front end together. Set of poly's installed and all is well again.

Bolted up the new fender, kind of like the color, now I'm thinking about that. Well, after doing the engine this winter. All this work gave me an idea for a t-shirt, going to get a few made up and give 'em to a brother and couple of friends.

The following 2 users liked this post by Trumpet:
IBDAGRIZ (Yesterday), Paintslinger16 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,433 Likes on 3,625 Posts

Is that a wide glide front end/triple trees you got on there and if so how did you space the Fatboy fender?
I ask because my dry trees are 10 inch on center where the FLs being a heritage or fat boy or 9 and 1/2-in on center And it looks like you have a fat boy fender there little flare up on the tail, tells the whole tail... lol...

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
Trumpet
Road Captain

There's 1/16 washers on the throttle side, they fit right into the recesses on the fender quite nicely. The brake side are 1/4 inch spacers from a pile of sporty leftovers, they also fit cleanly in the recess on the fender. Center lines it on the 19 perfectly, for the time being.

The fender was marked FLxxx I think softtail.

Will have to see what happens with whatever rim I pick up this week. They had a few to choose from.

I'll measure up what I have tomorrow and post some more details.

Last edited by Trumpet; Yesterday at 07:30 PM.
Old Today, 04:15 AM
Trumpet
Road Captain

@98hotrodfatboy it all looks like this currently. Trees are 10'' on center.