EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Dyna Evo Cam Chest Analysis Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 07:38 AM
monchidog
HDF Community Team
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

We've struck oil!!!!
Ok so priming the oil pump worked beautifully! Well done guys for picking that up and the info on how to do it...it worked! So, I took her out for a run and I think her "noises" are quite normal? Ive attached a video for info but not sure if you can identify anything specific...I can hear some movement, perhaps from the rocker arms but to be honest I think i had that before. Not sure if the front exhaust PR is still rubbing with the newish tappet guides and lifters (thank you) but for the moment I'm happy to leave it and check again in a few weeks.

To me she was running pretty damn well, good power, no stumbling! Almost brought a tear to my eyes!!

My only issue now is she is running very rich...black powder deposit on both plugs (see previous photo) - I have been removing them on and off quite a few times and also removing the carb for quite a while. The way i see it it could be a number of things so I'll check them like this:
1. Check for leak in the manifold etc. Already did this with WD40 and pretty sure its ok but I'll redo again with some Carb cleaner to check
2. Check leak on VOES tube
3. Change the spark plugs and check the wires
4. Readjust the fuel/air mixture screw and return to idle at 1000rpm
5. Have a look at the Carb which may have got "stuck" somewhere, float bowl for example ?
Anything else im missing please let me know.

Once this is sorted I am back on the road after 6 months of steep learning hell! - I cannot thank you all enough, for your help, instructions, patience and even parts! seriously I could not have done this on my own!

Sorry cant upload my movie as too big. Ill try again in a while.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Untitled.mov (16.13 MB, 17 views)

Last edited by monchidog; 07-26-2021 at 07:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
t150vej (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 12:42 PM
monchidog
HDF Community Team
Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

OK so did another manifold leak test and she is leaking...engine stumbled and died.
So I guess I'm taking that off and try again but this is hopefully a walk in the park compared to all the other stuff. After that it may be opening up the carb to see if anything is stuck.
Thank you gents.

The following users liked this post:
WP50 (07-26-2021)