Fxr further forward controls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020 | 12:06 AM
Fenwayfrank
|
Stage II
Default Fxr further forward controls?

Hello,
I purchased an 92 FXR recently and love the bike. It's bone stock I may keep it that way. I may even keep the buckhorns which have my elbows in my ribs just because I appreciate the stock machine. I have seen "further forward controls" or modified mid controls which are slightly forward instead of the fully stretched forward style. Anybody making similar controls for the FXR? I want a bike that performs and would rather mids however they are a touch to close and as a result uncomfortable on the brake side. I'm 5'11" size 13 boots.
i would consider a swap for controls a few inches forward, if the only option is classic forward controls, I'll get comfortable ripping with the mids.

Old 05-16-2020 | 05:32 PM
Fxrshane
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Fenwayfrank
Hello,
I purchased an 92 FXR recently and love the bike. It's bone stock I may keep it that way. I may even keep the buckhorns which have my elbows in my ribs just because I appreciate the stock machine. I have seen "further forward controls" or modified mid controls which are slightly forward instead of the fully stretched forward style. Anybody making similar controls for the FXR? I want a bike that performs and would rather mids however they are a touch to close and as a result uncomfortable on the brake side. I'm 5'11" size 13 boots.
i would consider a swap for controls a few inches forward, if the only option is classic forward controls, I'll get comfortable ripping with the mids.
I'm looking
for the same thing! if you find anything I would very much appreciate knowing about it. Cheers

Old 05-17-2020 | 07:44 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member

The Low Rider Custom came with forward controls. In the interest of looking factory, I would try and find a set of those forward controls. Quality will be better than anything after market you can find.

Old 05-17-2020 | 01:38 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Architect
The Low Rider Custom came with forward controls. In the interest of looking factory, I would try and find a set of those forward controls. Quality will be better than anything after market you can find.
I own 2 1994 FXLR Low Rider Customs and neither one of these bikes came with or have forward controls. Just to set the record straight....

Old 05-17-2020 | 04:31 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tommy C
I own 2 1994 FXLR Low Rider Customs and neither one of these bikes came with or have forward controls. Just to set the record straight....
I am not a FXR owner, so i defer to your knowledge. Perhaps I am calling the bike the wrong name.

Later in FXR production, HD made a model with a 21" front wheel, special tank with a single gas cap and pull back t bars. I thought that was the Low Rider Custom and my recollection was they had forward controls. If I am not remembering correctly, please set me straight. Thanks.

Old 05-17-2020 | 07:33 PM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Architect
I am not a FXR owner, so i defer to your knowledge. Perhaps I am calling the bike the wrong name.

Later in FXR production, HD made a model with a 21" front wheel, special tank with a single gas cap and pull back t bars. I thought that was the Low Rider Custom and my recollection was they had forward controls. If I am not remembering correctly, please set me straight. Thanks.
No production FXR ever had forward controls. I'm a FXR enthusiast and hate forward controls so I definitely would have noticed something like that. You want forward controls buy a Softail and don't make a FXR into a pirate poser bike.

Old 05-17-2020 | 10:03 PM
Dehammer
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tommy C
No production FXR ever had forward controls. I'm a FXR enthusiast and hate forward controls so I definitely would have noticed something like that. You want forward controls buy a Softail and don't make a FXR into a pirate poser bike.
I've seen forward controls that look factory in how they're built, an HD kit perhaps? I don't care for forward controls on any bike.

Aye, but I do have me some FXR floorboards on the shelf that I might give yer a spin!