EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Stumped

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019 | 04:50 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by almostakeeper
Everything on during the first run. The pads have about 3/16 each and with the wheel spinning on occasion you can hear the rotor touch. No fluid in anything on the bike right now.
Try it without mounting the caliper or the belt and see what happens.
If it still binds up at any ft lbs of torque then you have to add some shims.
What size or how many I wouldn't even try to guess.

Old 10-30-2019 | 05:34 PM
almostakeeper
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
Try it without mounting the caliper or the belt and see what happens.
If it still binds up at any ft lbs of torque then you have to add some shims.
What size or how many I wouldn't even try to guess.
The way the grease holds on to everything it's possible I lost/misplaced a shim when I pulled everything apart. The hunt for that sucker will happen soon as this cold, pissy weather is gone.

Old 10-30-2019 | 07:15 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

The way the grease holds on to everything it's possible I lost/misplaced a shim when I pulled everything apart. The hunt for that sucker will happen soon as this cold, pissy weather is gone.
As I said you can bring the wheel over to the house and set it here if you cant find your shim.

The following users liked this post:
almostakeeper (10-30-2019)
Old 11-03-2019 | 04:37 AM
almostakeeper
|
Grand HDF Member

Mystery solved, but the problem I was having with setting up the endplay on the bearings was a "not paying attention" moment.

Saturday morning I took my front rim over to Woods cycle to put on the new Dunlop American Elite. Later that evening I decided to do a dry run on setting up the bearings putting everything back together exactly how they came out except this time not putting in the new seals or greasing em all up first. While assembling I slid in the 4.3 " center spacer and the little creature that resides in the back of ones brain kept telling me, you didn't do that on the back wheel.

My OCD kicked into high gear so after jacking with the front wheel I pulled the rear tire back off, pulled everything out of the hub, and there was no center spacer. WTF. Walked over to the end of the garage where the garden hose is and who wants to guess what is 4.3 " long and was laying at the edge of the grass.

bentparts (11-06-2019)
Old 11-03-2019 | 04:43 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Talking

Mystery solved, but the problem I was having with setting up the endplay on the bearings was a "not paying attention" moment.

Saturday morning I took my front rim over to Woods cycle to put on the new Dunlop American Elite. Later that evening I decided to do a dry run on setting up the bearings putting everything back together exactly how they came out except this time not putting in the new seals or greasing em all up first. While assembling I slid in the 4.3 " center spacer and the little creature that resides in the back of ones brain kept telling me, you didn't do that on the back wheel.

My OCD kicked into high gear so after jacking with the front wheel I pulled the rear tire back off, pulled everything out of the hub, and there was no center spacer. WTF. Walked over to the end of the garage where the garden hose is and who wants to guess what is 4.3 " long and was laying at the edge of the grass.
Well done!

almostakeeper (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019 | 07:54 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Yep that would do it!!!!

Old 11-03-2019 | 02:06 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

Thank You Sir I don't feel as Alone on this planet anymore.

Sounds to much like something I'd DO

LMAO WP