Picture of right side turn signal terminal

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 09:01 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by 14GuineaPig
It looks like someone changed the running/turn signal light that's why you have a BE(blue) & V(violet) wires in connector 4B. That should also be why you have that BK(black) wire that is not used. The O(orange) wire should be in opposite the R(red) wire. Also check to see that connector 4A has a commoning tab 3 place installed. If it is missing, that could be why the green & orange wires were together.

What you are looking at is the front turn signals and what OP is asking about is rear turn signals.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:02 PM
JasonA1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like someone changed the running/turn signal light that's why you have a BE(blue) & V(violet) wires in connector 4B. That should also be why you have that BK(black) wire that is not used. The O(orange) wire should be in opposite the R(red) wire. Also check to see that connector 4A has a commoning tab 3 place installed. If it is missing, that could be why the green & orange wires were together.

see so with the wires crossed I’m confused could o buy one of those tabs to follow the diagram

Old 02-16-2019, 09:04 PM
JasonA1
Novice

Originally Posted by JasonA1

see so with the wires crossed I’m confused could o buy one of those tabs to follow the diagram
that someone is me those are the new turn signal wires replacing the oem abs the loose black wire is ground

Old 02-17-2019, 05:34 AM
Yankee Dog
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 2,071 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Nice Diagram/pic, I assumed it was the right front also (4a/b).

Using your meter/test light, on the bike/harness side connector (female), start mapping out which wire does what and label them, then do the same for the turn signal side of connector (male). Compare it to the diagram and it will all make sense. YD

Last edited by Yankee Dog; 02-17-2019 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:22 AM
JasonA1
Novice

Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
Nice Diagram/pic, I assumed it was the right front also (4a/b).

Using your meter/test light, on the bike/harness side connector (female), start mapping out which wire does what and label them, then do the same for the turn signal side of connector (male). Compare it to the diagram and it will all make sense. YD
thanks for your help I appreciate it should I buy a terminal with a coming tab. where to find one?

Old 02-17-2019, 06:47 AM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 537 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
What you are looking at is the front turn signals and what OP is asking about is rear turn signals.
My mistake,

Old 02-17-2019, 06:50 AM
JasonA1
Novice

My mistake,
no worries

Old 02-17-2019, 07:02 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

easternbeaver.com

you can get what you need at the stealer. Or special supply that stocks a ton of stuff that is staffed by idiots who will send you the wrong parts. Or go to the above. Get what you need. Than wait, because he’s out of Japan. But you get the piece of mind knowing you have the right part at a price you can live eith

Old 02-17-2019, 07:09 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts
Old 02-17-2019, 07:24 AM
JasonA1
Novice

Originally Posted by splattttttt
easternbeaver.com

you can get what you need at the stealer. Or special supply that stocks a ton of stuff that is staffed by idiots who will send you the wrong parts. Or go to the above. Get what you need. Than wait, because he’s out of Japan. But you get the piece of mind knowing you have the right part at a price you can live eith
thanks so much I hate the dealership most things for my bike are obsolete

Quick Reply: Picture of right side turn signal terminal