EVO All Evo Model Discussion

No spark/no start 94 wide glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 09:01 AM
Montanadyna
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No spark/no start 94 wide glide

94 wideglide. Been having this problem for some time. Bike will sometimes start and runs well. Out of the clear blue it will turn over but not start. I had a problem with a bad plug on stator, replaced rotor and stator. Still won't start. Replaced battery, all circuit breaker mods. Checked all connections, none loose of frayed wires. Ruining a Crane dual fire ignition, replaced the coil, still same problem. The problem it seems to not get any power to the coil. On those certain occasions it does start I have power to the coil and spark at the plugs bike fires right up. Not certain if it matters or not, but bike seems to prefer being cool like in the mornings but once warmed up fails. About all that I have not replaced is the rectifier. Is it possible that is my problem? When warm/hot the unit gives up the ghost? I have been dealing with this problem for months. I can't afford to take it to a shop. I've had this scoot for 22 years and this is the only problem I have not been able to fix. Any help would be appreciated. POW/MIA, you are not forgotten.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:06 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,463 Likes on 3,641 Posts

If you have no power to the coil on the white wire at times then you have an issue with a circuit breaker. If you never loose power to the coil then we need to look else where. Usually an intermittent start issue when hot only would be an indication the cam position sensor is on it's way out. If I understand you correctly then I would think this is the issue, no start hot. I have used this hall effect cam position sensor from Standard Motor Products. It's cheap and works well... And can always be stored in the tool box as a tool for testing.. Click the following link @ Amazon....
Amazon Amazon