EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Where to find accessories for older EVO's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Windseeker
Elite HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 5,259 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Update: My 1994 accessories catalog came in today. It lists the bars as shown above, but specifies that they do NOT fit the Fatboy.

Oh, well. I guess this just isn't available. I'm still glad I got the catalog, though, because it might answer some future questions.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:19 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Another possible source is the ads here on HDF, where you can also place a wanted ad. For some things we can suggest alternatives, so it's always worth asking us.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:44 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,454 Likes on 2,780 Posts

Originally Posted by Windseeker
Update: My 1994 accessories catalog came in today. It lists the bars as shown above, but specifies that they do NOT fit the Fatboy.

Oh, well. I guess this just isn't available. I'm still glad I got the catalog, though, because it might answer some future questions.
Not sure how you can research this, but the MoCo was very specific about telling you what bikes their parts fit. So specific that sometimes it only take a very minor modification to get them to work on other models. Just a thought, but again not sure how you could figure it out without the part in your hand. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:49 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Architect
Not sure how you can research this, but the MoCo was very specific about telling you what bikes their parts fit. So specific that sometimes it only take a very minor modification to get them to work on other models. Just a thought, but again not sure how you could figure it out without the part in your hand. Good luck.
Very good point, but some of us have already trodden that path, with some things! Hence its worth asking in here.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:12 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Did you contact Schex about the bars he is selling?

Old 01-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Windseeker
Elite HDF Member

Whoa, Nellie! Updated Info....

I looked further into the catalog last night. The part I mentioned above as not fitting was in the Softail section and it says it doesn't fit the FLSTF.

But in the General Accessories section, here's another one that "fits FL, FLH" models. So will this fit my FLSTF, I assume? I noticed that they were also different part numbers.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:39 AM
grbrown
Club Member

Note the part number quoted #49137-67B, which indicates that part was introduced in 1967. The FL and FLH models mentioned are shovelheads in the old style frame. Your bike is an FLS and I would be most surprised if they will fit.

I suggest you try and get to the bottom of why the FB is excluded from the fitments you mentioned above. I suspect that may be down to the stock exhaust, so what do you actually have on yours? Depending on where your priorities lie, you could always fit a different compatible set of pipes.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Windseeker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
Note the part number quoted #49137-67B, which indicates that part was introduced in 1967. The FL and FLH models mentioned are shovelheads in the old style frame. Your bike is an FLS and I would be most surprised if they will fit.

I suggest you try and get to the bottom of why the FB is excluded from the fitments you mentioned above. I suspect that may be down to the stock exhaust, so what do you actually have on yours? Depending on where your priorities lie, you could always fit a different compatible set of pipes.
Mine still has the stock shotguns and I don't plan on changing them anytime soon.

Bummer.

I wonder if the one in the Softail section might come closer to fitting.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Windseeker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Did you contact Schex about the bars he is selling?
More info, please? I searched his user name in the Classifieds and found no threads started by him.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:58 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by Windseeker
More info, please? I searched his user name in the Classifieds and found no threads started by him.
Look at post #4 in this thread.

The following users liked this post:
Windseeker (01-03-2018)

Quick Reply: Where to find accessories for older EVO's?