Distracted Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 12:10 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,989 Likes on 8,639 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHogz
I had an old bitch stop at a three way in front of me on the right. She looked up the road on her right, looked down the road to her left....right through me and pulled out. Luckily I had enough time to react and swerve behind her. She freakin looked right through me like I didn't exist! I only wish I had a grenade launcher...*s
What? No "get back" whip?......

Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM
RedHogz
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
What? No "get back" whip?......
I woulda have to been a contortionist to avoid slamming into her rear quarter panel while twisting around to whip her car. First things first...avoid an early demise.....

Old 06-20-2017, 02:22 AM
wombat457
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 188 Posts

Trust me, it isn't JUST inattentive drivers who pose a problem ... I live up state NY and thought the the only things I had to contend with were deer and the occasional d*head leaving a local bar but nope, we also have wanna be GP crotch rocket idiots as well who seem to think the back roads are their personal race track.

There are a few categories of drivers I am "100% cautious of" - kids with licences AND cell phones (which seems to be all of them), the elderly and anyone in anything that is bigger than me as they seem to think they're impervious to everything and anything and have total right of way regardless.

I can't count the number of close calls I have had (on the bike and in a car) as a result of a driver being in their own little world and doing something stupid. As has been said, when you ride, you ride as if your life depends up on it - cos it probably does.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:55 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,675 Likes on 1,663 Posts

This happened right outside of my office this morning. No idea what happened, but from the looks of things either the car pulled out from a side street in front of the bike, or the rider was daydreaming, the car slowed/stopped for a left turn in front of him, and he plowed right into it.

The cops on the scene said he was taken away with "serious" injuries.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:01 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,434 Likes on 3,626 Posts

I hope the guy is ok.......

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-21-2017 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Profanity
Old 06-20-2017, 04:40 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,989 Likes on 8,639 Posts

Originally Posted by RedHogz
I woulda have to been a contortionist to avoid slamming into her rear quarter panel while twisting around to whip her car. First things first...avoid an early demise.....
.....Which reminds me, did you hear about the male contortionist who accidentally swallowed his pride?.......

Originally Posted by 0maha
This happened right outside of my office this morning. No idea what happened, but from the looks of things either the car pulled out from a side street in front of the bike, or the rider was daydreaming, the car slowed/stopped for a left turn in front of him, and he plowed right into it.

Did the rider get shacked up inside the car?.......

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-21-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:44 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

Hope he hade a lid. That looks nasty.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:50 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
..... I hope the guy is ok.......
Me too. I don't recognize the bike, so I doubt I know him. Just checked the local news and didn't see anything.

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
Did the rider get shacked up inside the car?.......
No idea. That would not be fun.
Originally Posted by Honey-Badger
Hope he hade a lid. That looks nasty.
Nebraska is helmet mandatory, and the local PD takes that super serious, so odds are he was wearing. Which is nice for him, but he still had to take a hell of a shot.

Best thing I can say about this at the moment is if it had been a fatality, the news would be reporting it. So "no news is good news" I suppose.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-21-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,434 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Nebraska is helmet mandatory, and the local PD takes that super serious, so odds are he was wearing. Which is nice for him, but he still had to take a hell of a shot.

Best thing I can say about this at the moment is if it had been a fatality, the news would be reporting it. So "no news is good news" I suppose.
Seriously, I have ridden in No helmet law states and did not enjoy my ride without it....

I wear it all the time... You never Know.....

Old 06-21-2017, 12:39 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Seriously, I have ridden in No helmet law states and did not enjoy my ride without it....

I wear it all the time... You never Know.....
I'll cop to happily going free at times when I'm out on the road. I tend to stay on the back roads, with little traffic, and enjoy the comfort.

But in the city? No chance. Not only am I bound by law, but the drivers around here (and I doubt it's any different anywhere else) scare me to death.

Quick Reply: Distracted Drivers