EVO All Evo Model Discussion

My bike was at a shop for a month and nothing done, have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 05:09 AM
800screws
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My bike was at a shop for a month and nothing done, have some questions

its been sitting at a Indy shop for a month now. Picking it up tonight Since I had the fxr tore apart and this was my daily driver, I'd figured I'd let them put new screaming eagle heads,pistons, lifters, and a cam in. These parts have been used for a couple hundred miles my PO. So they tell me 3 weeks in, I should get new rings. I said fine. I call this week and they r waiting for me to order them! I'm like u have the pistons, I the F am I gonna mic them to know what to order. Now I get a cal yesterday saying the heads have to come apart so they can test the springs. The case has to be split to balance ithe crank to the screaming eagle pistons, the lifters need to be oversized....is that all needed to be done? Or am I getting BS? I've never heard of all that before. Then the whole taking the seat and tank off take time.....then he tries selling me the idea of a s s 113"! Bike has alittle over 30000 miles!! Wtf! He knows I just bought that fxr too and he throws in he's looking for a fxr! I'm sorry but I'm just need some opinions on the crank balancing and oversized lifters? I wasn't sure on that but the other stuff I know is bogus.
im like I just need the gaskets changed and I can do that myself. So I'm doing it myself.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:18 AM
800screws
Tourer

Sorry for the misspellings I typed this one on the phone.

Just really need to know more info on if I need oversized lifters and balancing the crank for new pistons

Old 10-07-2016, 05:18 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,056 Likes on 4,359 Posts

Some of that they fed you back is covering their A$$, and some setting you up possibly for a new SS 113 maybe. Did you trust this shop at first to send your bike there? Keep us posted on what it costs to get it home, I'm sure what they have done is not gratis !

Old 10-07-2016, 08:55 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,679 Likes on 1,665 Posts

You have me curious. You say you are "picking it up tonight". Does that mean they have it back together and it's running, or does that mean you're picking up the pieces and are going to finish it yourself/take it somewhere else?

There's a lot going on here that makes no sense to me.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

I dunno. I don't think rebalancing the bottom end is necessary for new pistons. "Testing the springs"? I would find another shop, personally.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:14 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by 800screws
its been sitting at a Indy shop for a month now. Picking it up tonight Since I had the fxr tore apart and this was my daily driver, I'd figured I'd let them put new screaming eagle heads,pistons, lifters, and a cam in. These parts have been used for a couple hundred miles my PO. So they tell me 3 weeks in, I should get new rings. I said fine. I call this week and they r waiting for me to order them! I'm like u have the pistons, I the F am I gonna mic them to know what to order. Now I get a cal yesterday saying the heads have to come apart so they can test the springs. The case has to be split to balance ithe crank to the screaming eagle pistons, the lifters need to be oversized....is that all needed to be done? Or am I getting BS? I've never heard of all that before. Then the whole taking the seat and tank off take time.....then he tries selling me the idea of a s s 113"! Bike has alittle over 30000 miles!! Wtf! He knows I just bought that fxr too and he throws in he's looking for a fxr! I'm sorry but I'm just need some opinions on the crank balancing and oversized lifters? I wasn't sure on that but the other stuff I know is bogus.
im like I just need the gaskets changed and I can do that myself. So I'm doing it myself.

The above is bullshit.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:15 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Hess
I dunno. I don't think rebalancing the bottom end is necessary for new pistons. "Testing the springs"? I would find another shop, personally.
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!

Or do it yourself!!!!

Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 AM
800screws
Tourer

Nothing was done to the bike. It's all together not one bolt was removed. And they want to charge me a couple hundred. Not sure for what. Gonna fight that battle when I get there

Old 10-07-2016, 09:45 AM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,760 Likes on 3,117 Posts

Maybe it's for storage fees?
Sell them the bike for 15k. If he really wants it...

Old 10-07-2016, 09:46 AM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,056 Likes on 4,359 Posts

Bingo again ! It's probably rent money for keeping the bike there for a month.

Quick Reply: My bike was at a shop for a month and nothing done, have some questions