EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Fuel Leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 07:15 AM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

A quick update on the fuel leak. Trailered bike into the shop, talked to the manager a couple of days ago and she said that the gasket on the float bowl was kinked and it might have happened when they had the carb off the bike when they were doing the fuel needle recall. But she said no charge because it happened when they were fixing the recall. I was like cool. At that point jsbridgew, I should've asked her what would be the cost to get me a newer carb and all the maintenance cost. I could probably get a newer carb myself and put it on but I know nothing about jetting carbs or any of that stuff. I do have a Kurykyn ac on the bike. If I get a newer carb could I just take the jetts out of old carb and pput in new carb? I am mechanically incline, but not to savvy on the components inside carb.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:55 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain

Quick update on the bike. Somehow when they fix the recal on the carb the gasket got pinched and the float wasn't working right. They fixed it at no charge.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:07 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,357 Likes on 513 Posts

glad it worked out and no charge is hard to beat!

Old 02-03-2016, 06:46 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by flhchaz
glad it worked out and no charge is hard to beat!
I wouldn't call it "no charge".
He had to take time to take the bike back to have it fixed and if he couldn't ride it then he had to have it towed.
Not to mention the gas he had to use to get his bike.

All of which was avoidable if they had done the job right the first time.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-03-2016, 07:21 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,357 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I wouldn't call it "no charge".
He had to take time to take the bike back to have it fixed and if he couldn't ride it then he had to have it towed.
Not to mention the gas he had to use to get his bike.

All of which was avoidable if they had done the job right the first time.

Just my 2 cents.
agreed. Just trying to be up beat this morning!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:56 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,422 Likes on 3,622 Posts

When I've run into return issues like this not only would i get the part or repair for free but i would also get a gift certificate for future use for my time and trouble... I tell them exactly what their mistake put me through and actually say i want something for my inconvenience.....period......."Nothing Is Free........

Old 02-03-2016, 03:42 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain

I understand where texashillcountry and 98hotrodfatboy coming from. I was getting really ticked off because the carb recall took like 4 weeks. Rode bike like 2 times before taking it in, but that was to work and taking it to shop. Then it took 2 weeks to get the leak fixed which they had to order parts, claiming because of the year of bike. Do ya'll want to hear the next problem I need fix. It's building up. Goin home from picking bike up, going long way home, so the road I took has a fairly steep hill maybe 4 degrees a little long, but I was doing 70 up the hill then all of a sudden it spttered one time and it started slowing down I gave a little throttle and it seemed like it was bogging down, so I back down to 60. Kept it at 60 but sputtered once or twice It kind of felt like it was running out of gas but I had a half a tank of gas. So I finally got to my cutoff road so I took my cutoff to the road that goes to my house it might be about 5 miles long a couple of curves mostly staight a way. On one of the straight a way I gave it som throttle got up to about 80 and back off to 50 then throttle it to 70, but to bogging down or sputtering. So got on main road to my house which had a small hill maybe 150 yards long, no sputtering or bogging down on that either. So I was scratching my head. Haven't had a chance to ride it since because of the freaking rain in Alabama. Anysuggestion of what would might the bike sputter and bog like that on the hill and not on straight a way? I posted same question like yesterday

Old 02-03-2016, 05:34 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,361 Likes on 1,953 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpappa160
I understand where texashillcountry and 98hotrodfatboy coming from. I was getting really ticked off because the carb recall took like 4 weeks. Rode bike like 2 times before taking it in, but that was to work and taking it to shop. Then it took 2 weeks to get the leak fixed which they had to order parts, claiming because of the year of bike. Do ya'll want to hear the next problem I need fix. It's building up. Goin home from picking bike up, going long way home, so the road I took has a fairly steep hill maybe 4 degrees a little long, but I was doing 70 up the hill then all of a sudden it spttered one time and it started slowing down I gave a little throttle and it seemed like it was bogging down, so I back down to 60. Kept it at 60 but sputtered once or twice It kind of felt like it was running out of gas but I had a half a tank of gas. So I finally got to my cutoff road so I took my cutoff to the road that goes to my house it might be about 5 miles long a couple of curves mostly staight a way. On one of the straight a way I gave it som throttle got up to about 80 and back off to 50 then throttle it to 70, but to bogging down or sputtering. So got on main road to my house which had a small hill maybe 150 yards long, no sputtering or bogging down on that either. So I was scratching my head. Haven't had a chance to ride it since because of the freaking rain in Alabama. Anysuggestion of what would might the bike sputter and bog like that on the hill and not on straight a way? I posted same question like yesterday
So why did you ask it again here?
You didn't like any of the answers you got in the other thread?

FWIW using paragraphs to break up a large block of text make it easier to read.