EVO All Evo Model Discussion

pistons

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 PM
glidein wide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Well I must say I'm very happy with the performance overall, the cam made a noticeable difference and having the compression restored is great. It starts quickly and has not stalled once, even while warming up. I didn't have to rejet the Mikuni, it seems to be golden.
I really dig the idle it has,sounds much better, makes me grin at a stop light.
Top end is a little loud, probably going to check the adjustable rods just to make sure all is well.
Thanks for asking....

Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,460 Likes on 3,639 Posts

Originally Posted by glidein wide
Well I must say I'm very happy with the performance overall, the cam made a noticeable difference and having the compression restored is great. It starts quickly and has not stalled once, even while warming up. I didn't have to rejet the Mikuni, it seems to be golden.
Top end is a little loud, probably going to check the adjustable rods just to make sure all is well.
Thanks for asking....
Glad to hear how happy you are with the results...... A good grin goes a long way.....

I'm still messin with mine but am grinning.....

Old 04-27-2016, 06:25 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

Thanks for asking....
what were the compression #'s before and after the work done? i haven't checked mine in several years, maybe i should do that one of these days.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:01 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

I found the thread in the other forum Bagga, good job shining some light there about the pistons without notches. My guess is, he'll look in the plug holes before installing new cam !!
Interesting about the plus signs in the pistons, I guess mine were a warranty replacement long ago. I think you surprised him with the pics, especially with three pluses, no notches.
i don't know if i believe the +++ meant a warranty replacement. that could be wrong info too.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:34 PM
glidein wide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by bagga
i don't know if i believe the +++ meant a warranty replacement. that could be wrong info too.
Yeah I hear ya... old numbers were 135# front , 150# rear if I remember correctly. That info is in my rebuild thread. I haven't done new test since the build, only about 500 miles on it so far but that should be enough I would imagine to get accurate results.