rear and front axle wrench

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rear and front axle wrench

ORIGINAL: Hackd

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci...Second, if I were 6' 245 and could only press 180, I'd be hitting the gym...
Yeah, funny ......I'm also 57 years old and still recovering from the motorcycle accident I had in 2003. Surprising how much weight you gain when you can't exercise. And it doesn't 'melt off' like it did when I was 30 or 40. Trust me...Simply sneezingwith a half dozen fractured ribs, is a memorable experience.

And the last thing I'd do is roll my ElectraGlide over on the crash bars along the side of the road (or in a parking lot)to change a tire. Unless you regularly 'tour' in the wilds....That's what cell phones and roadside assistance are for these days. If that makes me a RUB, well....Okay.
Hackd - Sorry man, I was thinking the same thing. But at 57 with a bike crash behind you, I understand. Doesn't mean I didn't get a good laugh out of it though - sorry again. And I hear you about the non-melting weight gains.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:23 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci...Second, if I were 6' 245 and could only press 180, I'd be hitting the gym...
Yeah, funny ......I'm also 57 years old and still recovering from the motorcycle accident I had in 2003. Surprising how much weight you gain when you can't exercise. And it doesn't 'melt off' like it did when I was 30 or 40. Trust me...Simply sneezingwith a half dozen fractured ribs, is a memorable experience.

In the light of the new info, I salute you for being about to bench 180 lbs.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:27 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

And the last thing I'd do is roll my ElectraGlide over on the crash bars along the side of the road (or in a parking lot)to change a tire. Unless you regularly 'tour' in the wilds....That's what cell phones and roadside assistance are for these days. If that makes me a RUB, well....Okay.
I'd hate to lay the bike up on the crash bar, but would if I had to.

Last year, my buddy who owns an indy shop had a flat in WV on a Saturday afternoon while on a road trip. He called a dealer and got hauled in to the shop at 10 minutes after closing time. They told him they'd get to it "first thing Monday." He told 'em to sell him a tube. He was gonna lay her down and change the tire. Finally, after one of the wrenchs saw he was serious, the guy volunteered to stay over 30 minutes to put a new tube in.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci...In the light of the new info, I salute you for being about to bench 180 lbs....
No harm Bro,...No foul.

HIJACK time:

It sucks that once you get past a 'certain age' that you don't recover from minor (or major) injuries like you could when you were twenty or even thirty. I now realize why the greatest fear of 'aging' Americans is getting hurt or sick. Unfortunately having 'hit the interstate' doing 70 MPH when that Taurus decided to play the old 'bump and run', my right side is rather numb. I can still move everything, just have this numb feeling in spots. And I can't make that really good 'turn' when swinging a golf club, because the ribsmended 'a bit off'. (Funny thing about broken ribs, the docs don't'set them'. If they 'bother you' they go inand cut them out/away.) Been that way since 4/15/03 when the accident happened...Don't think it's going away. And I was lucky, accidentoccurred on I-75 just north of theby-pass in Atlanta. 2:50PM justbefore the 'rush hour'. Eight lanes of traffic (six thru, two exit: Delk Rd exit for the locals)...I could've been dogfood asthe thousands of commutersmight have runover me. I also, for some lucky reason, didn't remove my leather jacket (the EMT's removed it with sissors, despite my pleas not to) when I filled up just south of ATL. I only had some 'rash' on my knees, knuckles (no gloves) and upper lip.

Wife finally got me motivated, and we returned to the local Fitness 19 last December. (I was pushing 260, My goal istoonceagainbe able to bench (for reps)my weight (like when I weighed 185)...At my age, I think I'd better do a whole lot more Slim-Fast instead of Miller Lite.

Now there's a money making idea, Beer flavored protein drinks..."I'll have a MetRX Stout please."