EVO All Evo Model Discussion

S&S pouring gas out of the overflow

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:51 AM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I also noticed that now on a freezing cold day when the engine is moderately warm it takes about five squirts from the throttle to fire up but, it fires and does pretty well.

One suggestion about the accelerator pump. When I put it together I over thought it all worried about the seal of the diaphragm. Also, there's a couple of tiny ball bearings in there that can fall out and get lost. I over thought the seal of accelerator pump and it leaked.

Lesson: Read the instructions. If you don't understand go to the web site and read the exact same instructions. If you still don't understand think about it and read the instructions again. The S&S instructions are pretty clear but I tend to over think it.. As it turns out the instructions allude to the issues I was having. I just wasn't seeing it. My theory was that a .295 intermediate jet should be perfect for a stock 80ci evo motor. But, the mufflers have a big fat hole down the middle of them so, that was obviously too small with the S&S air cleaner. When it failed to start I tested and confirmed that there was spark so, that was never an issue. I was really getting frustrated to the point that Goldwings were looking sexy. That's when you know you need help.