EVO All Evo Model Discussion

LED lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 AM
junglejoe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED lights installed

Got my LED's installed, they are stupid bright! Can't have enough lights back there in my opinion! Old school bike combined with new technology..They are NOT dot approved, then again, the bike isn't either

Old 09-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Nice touch and definitely enhances visibility...did the same thing on my 03 XL1200S and have to say it's one very functional upgrade. What kind of LED kit did you install?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:47 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

This is the Custom Dynamics kit, it literally was plug and play.I have the front ones to. Now I need to upgrade the yellow looking headlight lol

There is 9 different flash settings on the back lights, you can choose the center to flash, all the lights to flash, the outside lights or none of them flash.It also turned the rear blinkers into running lights, that's an added safety feature just that alone!! I have it set on the center brake light is non flashing and outside lights to flash 3 times then pause, then it repeats itself.

Last edited by junglejoe; 09-28-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,814 Likes on 6,704 Posts

What kind are they?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:52 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

CD's good stuff...both kits on my FLHX & Sporty are also CD and, other than their poor instructions, the equipment's quality. I'm working on new headlight for the Sporty, but not alot out there...found a site for Oracle Lighting, but haven't had a chance to research/call. They had some that might work...here's the site, if you want to take a looksee. Might match up with your 98 HL harness.

http://oraclelights.com/automotive-l...-LED-Headlamps

Old 09-28-2014, 07:58 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

Prot, their Custom Dynamics. Plug and play, And I mean literally plug and play! Only thing was I had them plugged in backward at first and the blinkers wouldn't flash on the own, so I just unplugged it, plugged it back in the opposite and it all worked.
Im going to call them and see if they have a headlight for my bike Iceman, thanks for the link.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:14 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The lights flash only when rear brake is deployed or always? Do you or anyone also know if any of the fronts can have this added safety feature….where they would have maybe a slow, continuous flash?

Old 09-28-2014, 08:19 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

Originally Posted by MJHJEA
The lights flash only when rear brake is deployed or always? Do you or anyone also know if any of the fronts can have this added safety feature….where they would have maybe a slow, continuous flash?
No no..ONLY when you pull the brake or foot brake. I don't, but there is the pulsating headlight module you can buy that the headlight pulsates. First time I seen it I though I was getting pulled over and pulled off the road, then the Harley that it was on blew past me! But, it is legal! Well, in florida and Missouri it is.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Son of PMS
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Headlight modulators are legal country wide under Federal DOT regs. I ran one for a couple years. Nearly rear ended several folks who thought I was a LEO and stopped dead in the middle of the road. It does make you more visible but it has weird consequences. It was very entertaining to have people get out of their cars in stopped traffic to walk back and tell me my headlight was broken.
Those Custom Dynamics look good. I've considerd them but wasn't sure how good they were. Thanks for the post.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coolness...those are definitely bright.
Being heard and seen is damn important. I run LED's in my rear lights too as well as the HD daymaker. Sometimes oncoming cars flash me but I ride with the brights on during the day for extra visibility. In England, cars passing on 2 lane roads is such a common occurrence and I've been in a couple near miss situations when I rode my old sportster with the stocker headlamp.

Quick Reply: LED lights installed