Evo Era Parts This is the place to list your Harley Davidson "Evo" parts.

FRAUD / SCAM = Be Aware of this scam

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 06:14 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Default FRAUD / SCAM = Be Aware of this scam

I have been selling here on the Forum for some time. Well I had my 2004 up for sale Last Aug and it sold then I posted a bunch of extra parts for sale here on the forum.

I got hit by this scam back in Aug and it has happened twice again on parts I have for sale here. I really do not understand the Scam but it involves the buyer wanting your item and offering full price.. Here is the Text I got ( I listed a number to receive texts from in all my adds) I have no idea what would actually happen IF I were to follow thru on this scam? I had something like this happen several years ago and the buyer get me tied up with emails??? I finally just stopped. On this scam - they supposedly send you a check - you deposit it and wait for it to clear??? I have 'heard' that sometimes a check may "Appear' to clear then Later come back as a bad check - you can get hit with fees and if the item is gone.. you out that also.. SO< if you get a text or response like this... just ignore it... ITS FAKE..

This area code is Texas, two weeks ago I got the same scam and it was from FL I told this guy... You need a new scam - your buddie from FL tried this last week... Never heard back.. I did try to call but of course it never goes thru - If you do call , be sure to Block your number with *67 - no need to give them a good number on their caller ID

1-682-628-6207: Thanks for your quick response I'm okay with the price & condition,i plan to send the money in a bank check and USPS it to you, then I will arrange for a pick up after check cleared at your bank.. I'll need your Full Name and Delivery Address or a p.o box for the check to be issue out to you, i await your response and after the check clear my movers will come for pick up asap.

The following users liked this post:
theycallmeauto (05-06-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 11:01 AM
springers4ever
Road Master
Received 229 Likes on 135 Posts
Cool Scam the Scamer's !!!

that's good info !!!
thanks for posting it up here ...for everyone's information !!!
when you get their check the next time ....keep telling them you never rec'ed it !! must send "cash" !!!

Old 05-06-2016, 05:43 AM
theycallmeauto
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by springers4ever
that's good info !!!
thanks for posting it up here ...for everyone's information !!!
when you get their check the next time ....keep telling them you never rec'ed it !! must send "cash" !!!
That's funny.....

I would let them send me a check then turn it over to the FBI they take mail fraud VERY seriously.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:11 AM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

thats a big craigslist scam also. I get them all the time