EVO All Evo Model Discussion

King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 08:12 AM
cweiss
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 18 Posts

I came across this thread which helped fuel my desire for a 21" fat spoke front for my 07 FLHX. I called Jireh and they were out of stock for the 21x3.5 single rotor front. (seems fairly common) The lady did say that they were expecting a shipment soon...
Anyway I found one on ebay from a bike shop in Florida which claimed that it was the only one left in stock. I overpaid a bit but got free shipping. 399.00 to my door. I had it installed and it looks absolutely kick-*** In my opinion.
Only issue was a flat due to some adhesive getting pulled up on the rims lip when the tire was installed... After it was reinstalled it has held air fine. I don't have any real miles because it is horrible weather. Here is a few pics hope this helps.
BTW wheels seem to be good quality to my untrained eyes.

Attached Thumbnails King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima-004.jpg   King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima-005.jpg   King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima-002.jpg   King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima-003.jpg  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 865 Posts

It takes a certain bike to pull off the black rim, I think you hit it. Studied the same wheels for a while but chickened out, looks good on your rided

Old 12-08-2013, 08:49 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by cweiss
I came across this thread which helped fuel my desire for a 21" fat spoke front for my 07 FLHX. I called Jireh and they were out of stock for the 21x3.5 single rotor front. (seems fairly common) The lady did say that they were expecting a shipment soon...
Anyway I found one on ebay from a bike shop in Florida which claimed that it was the only one left in stock. I overpaid a bit but got free shipping. 399.00 to my door. I had it installed and it looks absolutely kick-*** In my opinion.
Only issue was a flat due to some adhesive getting pulled up on the rims lip when the tire was installed... After it was reinstalled it has held air fine. I don't have any real miles because it is horrible weather. Here is a few pics hope this helps.
I think it looks great! I don't understand why you have a single rotor. Street Glides come with dual rotors and they make front wheels for dual rotor. Just curious.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
I think it looks great! I don't understand why you have a single rotor. Street Glides come with dual rotors and they make front wheels for dual rotor. Just curious.
me too. it does not say that he upgraded calipers or anything. The wheel looks very good tho

Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 AM
cweiss
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 18 Posts

The Single Disc was set up when I bought the bike used a few years ago. The guy had a set of Performance machine 18" front and back with a matching single rotor. I don't know why but I never felt the need to switch it back. I just went with this set up because it was pretty much direct replacement.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Gintheus
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really want a set of these but everywhere that sells them is out of stock in my size. 21x3.5
Single disk and 16 x 3.5 01 electra glide. Does anyone know where I can get a set?

Old 03-11-2014, 12:54 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

Did you go directly to http://www.jirehcycles.com/

Old 03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Gintheus
I really want a set of these but everywhere that sells them is out of stock in my size. 21x3.5
Single disk and 16 x 3.5 01 electra glide. Does anyone know where I can get a set?
Check their eBay store too. I bought one already but traded it away when I got my new-to-me front end, wouldn't fit. I looked at the bearings and it was pristine, new and unf*uckered with but it sure was no Timken. I would buy again in 2 seconds but I would pull them apart what I could and check the grease as it seemed a bit dry to my amateur eyes.

Last edited by Tee⋁ 03-11-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: aparantly ESL
Old 03-11-2014, 04:48 PM
bucaman
Cruiser

I bought two for my 94 Heritage. I picked up one from direct from Jireh and the other from their Ebay store. Great prices.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Cratethis
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cweiss
Is that the stock front fender on your bike with the 21" wheel? If so, what are the tire dimensions numbers for that tire?

Quick Reply: King Spoke (Fat Spoke) Wheels by Ultima