Europe All of Europe "Hey, it's small!"

Who is going to attend H-D's 110th Year Anniversary Celebration in Rome, Italy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:56 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts
Question Who is going to attend H-D's 110th Year Anniversary Celebration in Rome, Italy?

Harley-Davidson will celebrate its 110th year anniversary with a string of global events, including a major rally in Rome & Ostia, Italy, on June 13-16, 2013.

The 110th Anniversary European Celebration will be a multi-site event in Central Rome, Vatican City and Port of Ostia.

This year-long celebration will also mark the 30th anniversary of H.O.G, the Harley Owners Group.

Was wondering who's planning to visit this event in Italy?

If positive, please post some details like:
  • your location,
  • itinerary
  • timings.
Would be nice if forum members could hook-up and or meet in Rome or the harbor of Ostia.

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 04-14-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Scrooge
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to make the road trip, but not sure I will like the crowds. Not so into these large crowded festivals.

Equally I am looking at visiting the party in Milwaukee. Visited the museum this year, and would love to go back again.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Scotty.ie
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Scrooge
I would like to make the road trip, but not sure I will like the crowds. Not so into these large crowded festivals.
I'm similar to you Scrooge. Not keen on really big events. Strangely, today a local bike shipper here in Ireland advertised that he is taking orders for bikes that want delivering to Italy from Ireland. As we are the pimple on the butt of Europe and have two ferry journeys needed to get into mainland Europe shipping is always a cheaper option. I'm looking at the possibility of moving my RK to the south of Spain early next year but having problems getting insurance cover for a "long term stay" (6 months +). If I can sort the insurance them I'm going to be Europe based soon .

Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

I want to attend, but because of my work, I won't know until a few weeks before the event. Luckily I have a place to stay (father-in-law's). It would be really great to meet other forum members at the event!!!! We could plan a get-together..??

Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 AM
ibmiked
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a bit soon to say for sure, but my wife and I definitely have this one on our radar screen. I'm in Heidelberg, DE and don't have any firm dates, routes, itinerary, lodging, etc. planned yet. I'll monitor this thread though and update my status accordingly. Be great to find some others to ride South with!

Mike D

Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 AM
f110tech
Cruiser

I'm working with USAFE in Aviano Itaaly, I plan to ride my new 2013 RKC to the Rome event. Don't have the details or itinerary planned yet, but I will be there.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Jester ROI
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just sorted an apartment in Ostia ... wooopppeee ... gunna fly into Rome and have the bike shipped ... a few days riding in the south of Italy (Almalfi coast, Pompey etc) before the rally then back for the main event... delighted to meet up for a beer in the sun.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 AM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and two others are riding south from DE. We're in the Eifel region just 30km from Trier. The tentative plan is a week down and a week back. None of us are into crowds of this size, so it's a pop in to peek the venue and just enjoy the ride down etc.

Hoping as it gets closer we can get a group together for the cruise down. FXD, you know where I'm located...looking forward to the Mosel tour with ya!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyLew
...FXD, you know where I'm located...looking forward to the Mosel tour with ya!..
Me too!

Did you already make your reservation?

Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Me too!

Did you already make your reservation?
No luck getting in contact, (thread jack), I will try this week.

We can camp if needed...lol!

Quick Reply: Who is going to attend H-D's 110th Year Anniversary Celebration in Rome, Italy?