Europe All of Europe "Hey, it's small!"

Who is going to attend H-D's 110th Year Anniversary Celebration in Rome, Italy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyLew
Do ya think we would have issues if we camped at a camping area?
I don't think so if you stay in a camping site with controlled entry/exit.There are 3 of them within a 5 Mi. radius.The Port of Ostia can be reached in about 10',Saint Peter's square in 30' and if you don't feel like riding,there's a train that runs every 10/15'.You should find out if they still have available spaces as these campgrounds are very popular among European bikers.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 AM
Ganev
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

im attending the event in Rome.Can i give me some nice hotels nearby the event i the Vatican city?Gonna do the trip with the wife.

Thank you all,cya!

Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Sc@tman
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to attend. Should hopefully be taking delivery of my bike in May at Norwich (cant wait). Looked at some hotels and there are a few available that are decent. Waiting on my free H.O.G. member number so that i can try for tickets for the Pope's blessing at St Peters square (oh how awesome that would be). Its about an 18 hour ride from where i am through Paris.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:19 AM
martin wild
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello people, new to this forum. Iam from Croydon South London. I am including Rome on a three month trip around Europe. Travelling to Russia and then onto Scandinavia afterwards.
We are staying in a hotel in Ostia with my Chapter. i understand that everything is booked out, even the campsites are close to fully booked.
I think that this will be very busy, if iti is like any of the other Euro rallies or Faaker See are to go by.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Having been in the Harley Davidson Roma "dealership" and seeing ONE bike and a bunch of overpriced T shirts; I'm gonna give it a no.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Having been in the Harley Davidson Roma "dealership" and seeing ONE bike and a bunch of overpriced T shirts; I'm gonna give it a no.
Probably you've been at the "souvenir" store of the HD Store-Roma near Via Veneto(not far from the Embassy) and they do sell Harley T-shirts and H-D clothing there.So that wasn't the "dealership" which by the way is located a few miles from the city center and is a big store with lots of bikes on display and a busy service area,now they're opening an H-D Cafe' next to it.Next time you're in the area I suggest you visit them or any of the other 4 dealerships in the region in order to post the correct info.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:34 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

No thanks...my FLHX doesn't perform well as a submarine...

Old 04-13-2013, 04:00 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
Probably you've been at the "souvenir" store of the HD Store-Roma near Via Veneto(not far from the Embassy) and they do sell Harley T-shirts and H-D clothing there.So that wasn't the "dealership" which by the way is located a few miles from the city center and is a big store with lots of bikes on display and a busy service area,now they're opening an H-D Cafe' next to it.Next time you're in the area I suggest you visit them or any of the other 4 dealerships in the region in order to post the correct info.
Good to know. The place I was at was virtually on a back street. No need get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 04-13-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 AM
inthechateau
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd love to go to the Rome event. I am in Kosovo for military tour right now and I have approval for a 4 day pass. Just don't know the W's to make it happen. where to stay, how to get around and stuff. If any of you can help me I'd apreciate it. Looking at renting a bike for 3 days or so for the event. I went to the 2008 event in Milwaukee and had a great time. Looking for your advise on how to make it happen. any one have extra room for a sleeping bag on the floor?

Thanks all.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by inthechateau
I'd love to go to the Rome event. I am in Kosovo for military tour right now and I have approval for a 4 day pass. Just don't know the W's to make it happen. where to stay, how to get around and stuff. If any of you can help me I'd apreciate it. Looking at renting a bike for 3 days or so for the event. I went to the 2008 event in Milwaukee and had a great time. Looking for your advise on how to make it happen. any one have extra room for a sleeping bag on the floor?

Thanks all.
I think it might be already too late to find a bike to rent,you should contact one of the dealerships and see what's available.Should you need help PM me and I'll give you my cell no.

Quick Reply: Who is going to attend H-D's 110th Year Anniversary Celebration in Rome, Italy?