Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

check yer NUTS ,,and bolts

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
100th deuce rider
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation check yer NUTS ,,and bolts

HI old timer here ,just went to Portland OR to recover my stolen 100th deuce
was told the belt snapped and brought a new one with me ,after a day in the rain installing a new one , i saw the lock ring on the front pulley had come loose
shearing off one bolt and scraping the hell outa the inner primary. the day was thanks giving so no dealer open. i did get a machine screw ( 0ne) and a bit of lock tight to secure the lock ring screw and hoped it would hold the 620 miles to san fran .40 miles short i heard a grinding noise ,,,not good but all most broke and at 2 am .pray , soon noise stopped ,and soon so did I ..
the tow bill was 500 ( my friend on the phone said where ya gonna get that 500$?) and as my licence was expired, bad tags no insurance,(never marry a lawyer) I replied YOU! NOW! bikes on the tow truck ON THE WAY.. THANK GOD FOR REAL BROS!~
i found that the main tranny shaft nut loosened,pulley got lose and drilled out the front pulley like a milling machine ,from the inside ,not a spline left smooth bore!40 gauge ...but not hurting the shaft.thank ya Jesus..
ebayed the front pulley 20$ and drilled the new lock ring bolts and safety wired them, so winters here guys less time on the tv and a bit of garage time is recommended to all ,and hey Jesus I wanna talk to you about this tow bill....ride safe and fast pushrod....