Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Oil Feed line on oil filter adapter keeps on blowing off

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011 | 03:07 PM
whitelx1
|
6th Gear
Default Oil Feed line on oil filter adapter keeps on blowing off

Guys I could really use some help here. I have a 98 Fatboy that the oil line(the feed) keeps on blowing off the oil filter adapter.I have had problems like this since I owned it, always had a problem with oil leaks. When I got it, I blew the oil feed line on the oil filter completely off(the one on the outside of the bike). Then I had problems with blowing other seals. Now 5 yrs later, I am having the same problems all over again. The motor is stock, with the exception of cam, pushrods and other bolt ons. It is leaking oil real bad and you can pull the line up and down. I replaced the compression fittings already for the oil filter adapter, and I made sure it had a V Twin oil filter on. I also put a S & S oil Breather gear and make sure the marks lined up. I would apprecite any help here I am really lost. And I got the oil lines to stay in place when I bought it by cable tying the oil lines together( I know) but it stopped it for a while. Thanks Again Or if there is someone I could possibly call on this I would appreciate that also.

Old 10-09-2011 | 03:08 PM
whitelx1
|
6th Gear

I just put a new compression fitting on today and already after letting it run for 5 mts there is a puddle under it. Any ideas